2012 Hyundai Genesis Center armrest lid removal

Creative Colors Intl

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Thread starter #1
Good afternoon, I work for a company that is in the vehicle interior reconditioning industry. I quoted a job for a center armrest replacement and was supposed to complete the job last week, After ordering the new cover, I could not figure out how to remove the lid to the armrest. I could have repaired the existing armrest, but my customer actually liked the style of the new armrest I procured as the stitching on the replacement piece matches the stitching on his seats. I am in a bit of a bind as I would like to complete this job. I did discover that there are little clip on "covers" directly under each metal arm of the console lid...and it seems that the mounting arms are held in by plastic "keepers" I suspect. Does anyone know of a how-to video or possibly know themselves how to take the lid off? I have pics if that would be helpful. Again it is for a 2012 Hyundai Genesis 4 door. Thanks much in advance.

Creative Colors Intl

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Thread starter #3
PMCErnie, thank you for your help. Unfortunately, the center armrest is a bit different than the one shown in the video. I will see if I can post some pics that I took. Maybe that would be helpful.

Ambush

Registered Member
Yes I would like to know too. I guess the dye from my clothing or oils from skin is causing the leather (ummhmm) to split a little :(

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.