2013 Equus exhaust vs Genesis sedan

Flafoo23

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Hi there, for the past few days I’ve been looking at adding more sound to the Equus but with almost no options shown other than getting custom fitted mufflers I started looking at the changes between the genesis sedan R-spec and the Equus. I was looking at the magnaflow cat back for the sedan since the exhaust set up seems identical to the Equus but I was wondering if anyone knew if they were truly the same between the two cars or if the Equus had some longer tubing that would make the cat back unable to fit.

Ducatislave

Hasn't posted much yet...
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Compare the part numbers on the Hyundai parts site. I know that for the 2013 3.8L and 5.0L the exhaust parts, except for the engine manifolds, are the same part numbers.

Ducatislave

Hasn't posted much yet...
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Just confirmed, YES they are the exact same part numbers. so the Magnaflow system will work fine. And may I also suggest the test tubes (secondary cat delete tubes) as well.

Flafoo23

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Awesome thanks man!

G-502757

Had the Magnaflow on my '12 Rspec. Not much increase in power. It droned horribly, so I took it off. Good luck.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.