2013 Genesis 5.0 R-Spec

NickP

Wisconsin , Kenosha
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hey everyone I just bought a V8 5.0 genesis 2 days ago and so far I am loving it! I googled the car and found this webpage lots of info here! Anything I should look out for with this car? So far it has 37k miles 1 owner, well two now with me !

Attachments

rickkapur

Registered Member
San Jose, CA
Great car! Congratulations.
Welcome to the forum.

Where are you located? I am in San Jose?
How much did you score that car for?

I have a 2015 v8, and a 2009 v8

Pls post any Qs here and the members are super helpful!

OUsig

Been here awhile...
McKinney TX
Genesis Model Type
I wish mine had that low of miles!
I am over 109000 miles now and the car is still great. Yes some maintenance issues in the last year or 2 but nothing major
enjoy the ride

NickP

Wisconsin , Kenosha
Genesis Model Type
Great car! Congratulations.
Welcome to the forum.

Where are you located? I am in San Jose?
How much did you score that car for?

I have a 2015 v8, and a 2009 v8

Pls post any Qs here and the members are super helpful!
Hey sorry for the late reply everyone I have had a busy week! But thanks so far I love it I am from Wisconsin I got the car for 17k from our local Lexus dealership. Before owning this I had a 2015 Ford Taurus SHO and I feel this car has more luxury features and its faster!

NickP

Wisconsin , Kenosha
Genesis Model Type
I have a friend that has same year as yours and Its been a great car. He now has over 221, 000 miles on it and its still going strong.
I wish mine had that low of miles!
I am over 109000 miles now and the car is still great. Yes some maintenance issues in the last year or 2 but nothing major
enjoy the ride

Thats the best news ever! I am very happy to hear these cars last a long time I was worried about how she will be long term 100k or more but reading this gave me relief. Now I just need to find out how well the Genesis RWD performs in snow, unfortunately since I am from Wisconsin snow is a must have..

CLASSYRSPEC

Registered Member
Ottawa, Canada
Thats the best news ever! I am very happy to hear these cars last a long time I was worried about how she will be long term 100k or more but reading this gave me relief. Now I just need to find out how well the Genesis RWD performs in snow, unfortunately since I am from Wisconsin snow is a must have..

I am in Ottawa, Canada. Further north than you. You will need 4 winters and I recommend Blizzaks ws80. They have worked for me over the past 4 winters and never had a problem. Obviously, if there is 10" of snow falling, you may have a problem but so will most others. And drive carefully in the snow and don't do stupid stuff and you will be fine

NickP

Wisconsin , Kenosha
Genesis Model Type
I am in Ottawa, Canada. Further north than you. You will need 4 winters and I recommend Blizzaks ws80. They have worked for me over the past 4 winters and never had a problem. Obviously, if there is 10" of snow falling, you may have a problem but so will most others. And drive carefully in the snow and don't do stupid stuff and you will be fine
Thanks for the tires and advice I will have to look em up winter tires are a must have

Nolfol

Hasn't posted much yet...
2013 5.0 owner here,I got Nokia’s hippalatta studded tires ...not sure I spelled that right and she is a beast in the snow blizzaks sucked for me
A little noisy but I pass 4x4 trucks lol
Congrats on the purchase get a catch can and use cleaners for your GDI Issues and maintain her and she treat you right
Watch out for trans issues mine started at 50k replaced trans (issues starting again 116k)
And keep an eye on your oil between changes
Good luck hope she is good to ya

NickP

Wisconsin , Kenosha
Genesis Model Type
Can someone explain to me what eco mode is and what does turning this off or on do? I also do not know anything about bluelight that feature is not active yet in my car but I guess i could give them a call

NickP

Wisconsin , Kenosha
Genesis Model Type
2013 5.0 owner here,I got Nokia’s hippalatta studded tires ...not sure I spelled that right and she is a beast in the snow blizzaks sucked for me
A little noisy but I pass 4x4 trucks lol
Congrats on the purchase get a catch can and use cleaners for your GDI Issues and maintain her and she treat you right
Watch out for trans issues mine started at 50k replaced trans (issues starting again 116k)
And keep an eye on your oil between changes
Good luck hope she is good to ya

I hope my trans doesn't go out but thanks for the heads up I will be checking on it now and is this car known to to leak oil or just go through it more quickly? Also what grade of gas is recommended to run through this engine? Mine didn't come with an owners manual so I just filled it with premium the first fill, haha

rpsec_respect

Genesis Model Type
I hope my trans doesn't go out but thanks for the heads up I will be checking on it now and is this car known to to leak oil or just go through it more quickly? Also what grade of gas is recommended to run through this engine? Mine didn't come with an owners manual so I just filled it with premium the first fill, haha
'13 5.0 r-spec here, the manual says you can put put 87 or 91 in, but at a loss of performance; I think the inside of the gas flap indicates 91+; you're safe either way, technically =). I'm at 79k and no trans issues (yet). the '12s had a known oil-eating issue that is supposedly fixed in 13 onward. My experience is it will burn a little oil if you drive it hard (like 2 fingers between oil changes), much less if you're nice to it. Super congrats on such a low-mileage snag. I love mine but I think they only came in 3 colors....

edit: have you seen the manual at hyundai's site: https://owners.hyundaiusa.com/content/dam/hyundai/us/myhyundai/glovebox-manual/2013/genesis/2013_Hyundai_Genesis_OM.pdf

NickP

Wisconsin , Kenosha
Genesis Model Type
'13 5.0 r-spec here, the manual says you can put put 87 or 91 in, but at a loss of performance; I think the inside of the gas flap indicates 91+; you're safe either way, technically =). I'm at 79k and no trans issues (yet). the '12s had a known oil-eating issue that is supposedly fixed in 13 onward. My experience is it will burn a little oil if you drive it hard (like 2 fingers between oil changes), much less if you're nice to it. Super congrats on such a low-mileage snag. I love mine but I think they only came in 3 colors....

edit: have you seen the manual at hyundai's site: https://owners.hyundaiusa.com/content/dam/hyundai/us/myhyundai/glovebox-manual/2013/genesis/2013_Hyundai_Genesis_OM.pdf
I just looked at the webpage thanks for that answered a few of my questions !

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
:welcome: to the forum!

Can someone explain to me what eco mode is and what does turning this off or on do? I also do not know anything about bluelight that feature is not active yet in my car but I guess i could give them a call
The green ECO light on your dash is only an indicator of your fuel usage/driving style. It doesn't change a thing about how the car works.

I think you mean the Hyundai Bluelink service (available 2013+):
Hyundai Blue Link | 3 Years Free on Eligible 2018 Models

rpsec_respect

Genesis Model Type

NickP

Wisconsin , Kenosha
Genesis Model Type
:welcome: to the forum!

The green ECO light on your dash is only an indicator of your fuel usage/driving style. It doesn't change a thing about how the car works.

I think you mean the Hyundai Bluelink service (available 2013+):
Hyundai Blue Link | 3 Years Free on Eligible 2018 Models
I seen the little green light that says eco, but if you press the display button on the wheel and scroll to the eco mode page, then press and hold on display button I accidentally found out you can turn eco mode on and off here. I was wonder if that impacted the car in anyway or simply just lets me know when im getting good gas mileage , with it off the little eco display clearly left !

Superdave955

Registered Member
South Florida
Genesis Model Type
Hey everyone I just bought a V8 5.0 genesis 2 days ago and so far I am loving it! I googled the car and found this webpage lots of info here! Anything I should look out for with this car? So far it has 37k miles 1 owner, well two now with me !
The first thing you need to do is get rid of that Lexus plate on the front!