• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2013 genesis sedan 3.8 intake

g_447084

I can never find any cold air intakes for my 2013 genesis 3.8 sedan. Was wondering if one for the coupe 3.8 would still fit in my sedan since they’re the same engine? Lmk as soon as possible thank you

DaNooch

Registered Member
Charlotte, NC
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I can never find any cold air intakes for my 2013 genesis 3.8 sedan. Was wondering if one for the coupe 3.8 would still fit in my sedan since they’re the same engine? Lmk as soon as possible thank you
I just installed the Injen intake form my 2014 3.8 Sedan.. I'm very happy with it. You retain the factory hood scoops, ducting a ton of fresh air to the large dry filter. The finish was extremely well done and the fit was nearly perfect.

The factory intake has multiple silencing chambers and ducts on it to make it as quiet as possible. Once installing this, the engine gains a deep aggressive growl under power, yet remains nearly silent with around town driving.

I highly recommend it, a heat shield is very simple to mock up. Injen is a very reputable intake designer.. in fact the only other company I would purchase an intake from would prob be AEM..

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
I just installed the Injen intake form my 2014 3.8 Sedan.. I'm very happy with it. You retain the factory hood scoops, ducting a ton of fresh air to the large dry filter. The finish was extremely well done and the fit was nearly perfect.

The factory intake has multiple silencing chambers and ducts on it to make it as quiet as possible. Once installing this, the engine gains a deep aggressive growl under power, yet remains nearly silent with around town driving.

I highly recommend it, a heat shield is very simple to mock up. Injen is a very reputable intake designer.. in fact the only other company I would purchase an intake from would prob be AEM..
Have this same intake. The 2014 will fit the 2013 3.8 can confirm. The filter on it is huuuge bigger than k & n. The sound is great but yes I would advise mocking up a heat shield.. very easy to do as you get plenty of room to work with with this intake

DaNooch

Registered Member
Charlotte, NC
Genesis Model Type
looking for more power , get the btr tune they have one for the 3.8
Yes I've looked at them.. it's just $900+ is a lot of cash to drop for a tune.. Not so sure I will ever nite the bullet on that. Plus it's a "can" tune, it's not anything like strapping the car to a dyno and mapping it out perfectly. I come from GM performance cars where you pay a tuner $350 he plugs in to the factory ECU with HPtuners or Accel efi and gets the car perfect.
The BTR tune has to be pretty dang impressive for that price.. I just ordered a set of secondary cat deletes and then I'm going to be focusing on all of the suspension. ARK springs, ultra subframe components, collars etc.

For those that do not know Whiteline AUS makes an amazing front and rear sway bar kit for the BH platform.. Shipping is a bear tho.

Oldman-Gen1

Registered Member
Central Coast, Ca
Genesis Model Type
Yes I've looked at them.. it's just $900+ is a lot of cash to drop for a tune.. Not so sure I will ever nite the bullet on that. Plus it's a "can" tune, it's not anything like strapping the car to a dyno and mapping it out perfectly. I come from GM performance cars where you pay a tuner $350 he plugs in to the factory ECU with HPtuners or Accel efi and gets the car perfect.
The BTR tune has to be pretty dang impressive for that price.. I just ordered a set of secondary cat deletes and then I'm going to be focusing on all of the suspension. ARK springs, ultra subframe components, collars etc.

For those that do not know Whiteline AUS makes an amazing front and rear sway bar kit for the BH platform.. Shipping is a bear tho.
Just looked at that website, it says free shipping to lower 48 states. Although I confused by there application guide, on the international site it shows the genesis sedan, but when you go to the U.S. site it only lists the coupe?

DaNooch

Registered Member
Charlotte, NC
Genesis Model Type
Just looked at that website, it says free shipping to lower 48 states. Although I confused by there application guide, on the international site it shows the genesis sedan, but when you go to the U.S. site it only lists the coupe?
Correct you have to buy it on the international site and pay the shipping or contact a US white line vendor and get them to bring it over

DaNooch

Registered Member
Charlotte, NC
Genesis Model Type
You cant trust a non us part number..

The only way you are going to get anything sold to you and shipped from Australia is by calling them. They wont take emails seriously. And just FYI youre going to be looking at over $200 shipping easily.

Oldman-Gen1

Registered Member
Central Coast, Ca
Genesis Model Type
Have this same intake. The 2014 will fit the 2013 3.8 can confirm. The filter on it is huuuge bigger than k & n. The sound is great but yes I would advise mocking up a heat shield.. very easy to do as you get plenty of room to work with with this intake
Could you post a picture of your cold air intake?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums