2013 hyundai genesis noise like something is being actuated.

Milkman213

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hi everyone! I own a 2013 Hyundai genesis sedan 3.8. I recently got my brake master cylinder replaced, and have started hearing a weird noise in the engine bay near the passenger side.

The sound is something similar to like an aircraft landing gear when it is being engaged. The sound comes on intermittenly when changing gears in low gears around 10 mph, and kicks in again at around 30-40 mph.

It sounds like something is being actuated, and the noise disappears, and comes on again at around 30-40mph.

In park, the sound does not come on, it is only when it is in drive that the sound comes on. I replicated the noise by putting the car in drive, and holding the brakes, and pressing on the gas.

It sounds like something is turning on for about 3-5 seconds, and the sound shuts off.

This started happening after my brake master cylinder was replaced.

Please help

Milkman213

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hello, I've been investigating this noise, and took my car back to the shop where the master cylinder was replaced. We found the noise to be coming from the brake booster vacuum pump. The mechanic pinched a hose near the brake hose, and the vacuum pump seems to kick on intermittently. The pump does not actuate when the car is in park, but when in gear, or driving at low speeds, the pump actuates for about 5-10 seconds.

Any suggestions on what this issue might be. The brakes seem to work fine, but it fails the third brake booster test where the brake gradually moves up after depressing and shutting the engine off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners