2013 OEM & Replacement Battery Specs

BeejEh

Hasn't posted much yet...
I have a 2013 Genesis sedan with a battery dishcharge problem. Since purchase in Nov '13, I've had to jump it a half a dozen times due to a flat battery. Something is randomly killing it. I can't determine what. After the first two incidents the dealer swapped out the battery and I'm wondering if I have a proper battery installed. Does anybody know what the specifications for the OEM battery part #371103M300 are? What I have in it is a CMF90L DIN 90Ah 740CCA which I suspect isn't up to the task of running all the electronics on this car. The replacement part is #37110649MF and I can't find the specs anywhere for it either. Also, the dealer says this replacement is not an AGM battery and everything I read on these forums say it should be. Could my Canadian specs be different than those in the States? Before I start earnestly troubleshooting the discharge problem, I'd like to know what's properly supposed to be in the car to begin with. Can anybody tell me the OEM and/or replacement battery specifications?

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Battery discharge problems have occurred with some members of this forum on their Genesis sedans. One of the culprits is a missing rubber bumper on the hood that is supposed to shut off some electronics when the hood is closed (or something like that). I would search the forum for similar problems and solutions (you can use Google to search this forum).

I don't think the early Genesis had an AGM battery in the USA, despite a lot of claims to the contrary. I don't know about the 2013+.

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Check to see if you're missing the alarm switch bumper about half way up on the driver side:

landtuna

Registered Member
Sandstorm, AZ
Make sure, when you close the trunk lid, it shuts off the trunk light. I killed my battery twice this way. BTW, my '12 R-spec does have a gigantic AGM battery.

lncaylor

Smyrna
Battery discharge problems have occurred with some members of this forum on their Genesis sedans. One of the culprits is a missing rubber bumper on the hood that is supposed to shut off some electronics when the hood is closed (or something like that). I would search the forum for similar problems and solutions (you can use Google to search this forum).

I don't think the early Genesis had an AGM battery in the USA, despite a lot of claims to the contrary. I don't know about the 2013+.

My 2012 OEM battery is not AGM. I did some research some time ago and I found that my 2012 4.6l had a flooded cell battery. Some people on this forum insisted that it was really AGM.

BeejEh

Thanks y'all. My dealer found a fault in the battery and replaced it at no cost to me even though I was over the 40k warranty period. They treated me very well. Hopefully it solves my problem. We'll see.

c141nav

Genesis Model Type
Thanks y'all. My dealer found a fault in the battery and replaced it at no cost to me even though I was over the 40k warranty period. They treated me very well. Hopefully it solves my problem. We'll see.
Glad I found your post. I also have a 2013 Genesis sedan that I purchased used. I only have about 66k mileage. I also have the CMF90L DIN 90Ah 740CCA. However, I haven't had any problems until just recently. I suspect that with a 7 year old battery it is time to get a new one. But, I am such a tightwad. Did your dealer replace the CMF90L DIN 90Ah 740CCA with an AGM battery with higher CCA?

Ozy44

2012 3.8
Palm Harbor, FL
Genesis Model Type
You should be using an H8 class battery. More important than cold cranking amps (CCA) are, amp hours (AH) and minutes of reserve capacity.
H8 specs should be around:
900cca
95.0 AH
160 min. reserve

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums