2013 turbo noise please help!

Tauscher01

Hasn't posted much yet...
2013 2.0T Turbo Issues Please Help Me!
Anybody know about the 13 turbo having issues sounding like exhaust rattle???
Please help my car sounds like shit!
The hyundai dealer says the TSB says that the rattle sound is normal but I think they are b.s.ing me!!!
Please help!!!

pattimayo

Orlando
2013 2.0T Turbo Issues Please Help Me!
Anybody know about the 13 turbo having issues sounding like exhaust rattle???
Please help my car sounds like shit!
The hyundai dealer says the TSB says that the rattle sound is normal but I think they are b.s.ing me!!!
Please help!!!

Hello! I know EXACTLY what noise you are talking about! Just last week I literally brought in my 2013 turbo genesis for that noise. Unfortunately, the dealership said the exact thing. They even compared it to other turbos there. Apparently, it's supposed to sound like that..it sounds like garbage if you ask me. I'm not at all happy with it. I really love the car too :( thankfully, it's just a lease and I can just give it back in 3 years, or technically before its done if I wanted to. I planned on buying it too after the 3 years, but the rattling really sounds cheap to me. I even paid extra to have them put red leather seats in it. I guess this is what happens when you're impulsive and not do enough research..

dkoelzer337

DFW
It is the wastegate. Extremely common problem. Many threads have been started over at Genesis Coupe forum. Unfortunately it looks like it is difficult to get any cooperation from the dealership.

Skyeisland

Oregon, USA
I have a 13 also. Came with the annoying rattle. It's super common. It is either the wastegate or heat shield. Also it is a good idea to double check all the bolts that secure the turbo to the engine housing. They don't use a high temp loctite like they should so they can come loose. Would double check all bolts to the exhaust to. There is more info on the Gencoup forum also.

Beendenied_U K

Getting familiar with the group...
Norfolk, UK
It is the wastegate. Extremely common problem. Many threads have been started over at Genesis Coupe forum. Unfortunately it looks like it is difficult to get any cooperation from the dealership.

^this

To my knowledge, it's the wastegate arm/flapper clanking around at idle. But either way, it's most certainly the wastegate making that sound. Get used to it or but an exhaust setup, it's honestly not that bad and the rest of the car makes up for it by far.

G-929839

I get the rattle noise only at 3000 rpm on decel, it sounds liken it could be the wastegate arm. anybody got a fix? other than a big turbo

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums