FOR SALE: 2014-2016 Hyundai Genesis navigation sd card

Kyser_Soze

Registered Member
Missoula, Montana
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I’m selling a 2014-2016 Hyundai Genesis navigation sd card it’s updated with android auto and Apple car play.

Everything working perfectly

$40.00 plus shipping
My guess from what I've read that this won't work for the Ultimate. Anybody agree/disagree?

idlemind

Hasn't posted much yet...
Texas
Genesis Model Type
I thought those were VIN specific also. I think I recall having to enter my VIN # and then seeing it somewhere in the file name when I was creating the update for my SD card.

youngforever

Getting familiar with the group...
Philly
Genesis Model Type
I thought those were VIN specific also. I think I recall having to enter my VIN # and then seeing it somewhere in the file name when I was creating the update for my SD card.
Never had to do it since this did not originally came with my car I purchased it second hand

donaldpg

Genesis Model Type
i'm interested. still for sale?

First Gen

Genesis Model Type
I’m selling a 2014-2016 Hyundai Genesis navigation sd card it’s updated with android auto and Apple car play.

Everything working perfectly

$40.00 plus shipping
I am new to the Genesis club - what does "updated with android auto and Apple car play"mean? I know what apple car play is, but my car (with Ultimate) does not have it.

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I am new to the Genesis club - what does "updated with android auto and Apple car play"mean? I know what apple car play is, but my car (with Ultimate" does not have it.
There was a navigation update for the non-Ultimate models that updated the navigation, but also updated the other software to allow you to have ACP or AA. Unfortunately, the hardware on the Ultimate cannot be upgraded to use ACP or AA.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
They are.

youngforever

Philly
Genesis Model Type
They are.
Never had to do that with mines.. so since it was my vehicle and I bought this sd card second hand I can confirm it worked with no issues... I mean it’s $40 dollars not getting rich off of this just looking to sell a unused item for a reasonable amount

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Never had to do that with mines.. so since it was my vehicle and I bought this sd card second hand I can confirm it worked with no issues... I mean it’s $40 dollars not getting rich off of this just looking to sell a unused item for a reasonable amount
I gave my old SD card to someone and it did not work so perhaps it is only some models. I'd be hesitant considering what has been posted about them so offer a money back it it doesn't work.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When you register on the Genesis Mapnsoft website, you must include your VIN # to even register on the site. The SD card is coded with your specific VIN #. This might have changed, since you have a pre-Genesis Hyundai. However with the Genesis, you cant use anyone else's. Even my new Hyundai Kona is this way.

If you brick your head unit, it will cost in the vicinity of 4K to replace it. I'd be very hesitant to take such a chance.

youngforever

Philly
Genesis Model Type
Never heard of anybody bricking their headunit. With an sd card map.. but my previous genesis didn’t experience any of that but. Thanks for your opinion
When you register on the Genesis Mapnsoft website, you must include your VIN # to even register on the site. The SD card is coded with your specific VIN #. This might have changed, since you have a pre-Genesis Hyundai. However with the Genesis, you cant use anyone else's. Even my new Hyundai Kona is this way.

If you brick your head unit, it will cost in the vicinity of 4K to replace it. I'd be very hesitant to take such a chance.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.