• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2014 Equus owner review

Mgrig

Registered Member
I purchased a new 2014 Equus Signature in February of 2014, the car is black with saddle interior. I currently have just under 14,000 miles and the car has performed flawlessly.

Exterior: The car's exterior fit and finish is exceptional, the paint still has a very high gloss and surprisingly not many chips from the mixed driving I do. The windshield has also held up well, the trim pieces are still looking good. The tires and rims still look brand new, tires appear to have very minimal wear.

Interior: I was a little concerned with how the light tan interior would hold up when I purchased the car. To date, no issues with the wear and tear on the leather, the cleaning has been minimal and they look great. The seats are exceptionally comfortable, the heat and cooling features work as expected. The audio in this car is amazing, it can compete with anything out on the market today. All the controls are located as they should be and the ability to adjust to the individual needs is great. The fit and finish in this car is also top notch, there is not one rattle or squeak.

Engine and drivetrain: The car is a rocket, put it in sport mode and it only gets better. I drive in various road condition, on the highway I average 26mpg @ 75 mph, in town, 18 mpg on regular gas.

Service: This has also been a bright spot for me, as I have read some folks are not treated as they should be by their dealer. My dealer has been great, the dealer has come to my house and picked up my car each time for regular service( oil, tire rotation) and left me with another Equus or I had a choice of new Hyundais to chose from. To date the experience has been exceptional.

Overall: I would definitely buy this car again. I currently own a 2014 Porsche Cayenne, 2009 RRS and the Equus overall experience is better.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneFunGenesis

<- Runnin' on Empty
Rochester, NY
This is an awesome review. I really am thinking about an Equus Ultimate as my next ride. I recently drove a Cayenne and thought it was too utilitarian for the money but can't go wrong with a Porsche!

Also, my dealer experience is terrible. I have two bottom of the barrel dealers here and none of them know how to treat a high end customer. Glad to hear your experience is different!

Thanks for the post :)

I purchased a new 2014 Equus Signature in February of 2014, the car is black with saddle interior. I currently have just under 14,000 miles and the car has performed flawlessly.

Exterior: The car's exterior fit and finish is exceptional, the paint still has a very high gloss and surprisingly not many chips from the mixed driving I do. The windshield has also held up well, the trim pieces are still looking good. The tires and rims still look brand new, tires appear to have very minimal wear.

Interior: I was a little concerned with how the light tan interior would hold up when I purchased the car. To date, no issues with the wear and tear on the leather, the cleaning has been minimal and they look great. The seats are exceptionally comfortable, the heat and cooling features work as expected. The audio in this car is amazing, it can compete with anything out on the market today. All the controls are located as they should be and the ability to adjust to the individual needs is great. The fit and finish in this car is also top notch, there is not one rattle or squeak.

Engine and drivetrain: The car is a rocket, put it in sport mode and it only gets better. I drive in various road condition, on the highway I average 26mpg @ 75 mph, in town, 18 mpg on regular gas.

Service: This has also been a bright spot for me, as I have read some folks are not treated as they should be by their dealer. My dealer has been great, the dealer has come to my house and picked up my car each time for regular service( oil, tire rotation) and left me with another Equus or I had a choice of new Hyundais to chose from. To date the experience has been exceptional.

Overall: I would definitely buy this car again. I currently own a 2014 Porsche Cayenne, 2009 RRS and the Equus overall experience is better.
You could put my name on this and say it is my experience with my 2013 Equus Signature except my gas mileage is not as good because I'm stopped more than I'm moving. My Equus is definitely the best car I've ever had and I have had a few. Never owned a Porsche though. Have had three POS BMWs.

Mgrig

Registered Member
I brought the Cayenne in for some minor service( key lost all memory function) and was given a 2014 Panamera hybrid( 2300 miles) to drive. It is a real nice looking car, I drove it for 3 days( had to order a new key) and really liked it, but at $114K, not enough. After getting back into the Equus and driving it, I would rather have the Equus. The Equus is faster than the Panamera, the Equus stereo has a much better sound than the upgraded Burmester.

The Cayenne is the wife's car.

Mgrig

Registered Member
AGREE 100% on the turbo, but at $150K to rich for me. :)

Have a great holiday season everyone.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Rey

Registered Member
Salem, OR
I too have a 2014 Equus (Signature). I'm retired, love to drive and drive a lot. I have had four Genesis previously - 2009 4.6, 2011 4.6, 2012 Rspec, 2013 3.8. Of the Genesis I liked the V6 - 3.8 the best (Premium and Tech packages). It is better balanced with much lighter motor up front. But the problem with the 3.8 is crap resale value, which, in turn, makes them the best dollar for dollar used car value.
My first impression of the Equus was its size - too big and didn't need all that back seat room. Shopping for a 2015 Genesis 5.0 I came to realize that the discounted price for a 5.0 was very close to the deep discounted prices seen for a 2014 Equus; and that the weight differential between the two was almost nil. I don't think the public is aware of the Equus, and it is not selling. My 2014 had been sitting on a dealer's lot for 14 months (it needed a new battery). I drove the 2015 Genesis and 2014 Equus back-to-back. I think the new Genesis may feel a bit tighter in handling, but that is only at the margins. The content of the Equus is much superior in quality, etc. I was able to negotiate a price of about $45,000 for my Equus, which had 1000mi as an "Executive Car." Now with 14K miles in four months it performs just like new. Maybe I will keep this car for a while.....

Rowdy1247

Hasn't posted much yet...
I too have a 2014 Equus (Ultimate) purchased new. Now have 21,000 miles on it. My wife and I love the car. Dealer was 100 miles away but still honored the 3 year white glove service.

I have been driving a 2017 G90 ultimate for the past week (service scratched wheel rim,getting me a new one). There are pros and cons comparing G90 to Equus
Pros. Individual fan speeds,air flow direction. Seat position memory for passenger as well as driver. Large nav screen. HD nav screen. More information on heads up display.

Cons. Seat position controls on side of seats, awkward, have to operate "blind". Do not like steering wheel controls, small and awkward. Preferr P(ark) be on gear shift, not a button.

I have driven MB S550, BMW 750 Audi A8. Equus is, to me,equal to them. When consider price difference, operating/service costs,Equus beats them hands down. The dealership/service just adds even more value.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums