2014 Hyundai Genesis Sedan R-Spec Tires

Prowler

Hasn't posted much yet...
Florida
I am looking to change out the tires on my 2014 Hyundai Genesis Sedan R-Spec and wanted to know if any 2014 owners have changed tire size from 235-45-19 to 245-45-19 without any problems. I have seen in the forum that it was done with no issues on the 2013 model but could not find any info on 2014. I called Hyundai and all they could say was use 235. I do understand that my speedometer would be off slightly but is there anything else I should know. Thanks in advance for reading and answering!!

Prowler

Florida
I looked at the spec but it talks just diameter and the 235/45R/19 matches it 265/40R/19 in diameter but is 1.18” (12.8%) wider. Is that too wide? The 245/45R/18 is 1.5% larger by .35 in diameter, .39 in width 1.11 in circum and .18 in sidewall compared to the 235. Will it have the all-around clearance using the 245?

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Rspec's OEM rims are 8" wide, comes with 235/45/19 tires from the factory I'm not sure which year it was, but 245/45/19 was an option too, on the same rims.

If you want to go wider than those two sizes, get wider rims.

Prowler

Florida
Now you sound like my wife on ways to spend my money on HER car....thanks and I am glad to know 245's will fit. Just much better tire choices for that size.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus 245/45/19, any opinions?

R-Spectable

Registered Member
NC
I have the 245s on my 2013. I got The bfgoodrich g-force comp-2 a/s tires and absolutely love them, great handling tire, awesome in the rain and have a long tread life. Oh, and they're less expensive than the Pilots.

i bought 245/45 bridgestone potenza pole positions 14 months ago. these are a max performance summer tire. great grip and wet weather traction. ( i live in florida) important to have good traction when its wet especially in rainy season. also driving slower/safer in rain helps like we all should.

Ok so the bridgestone potenzas tread is TERRIBLE been about 12k miles in 14 months and i need tires again!!!!

Trying to figure out what to buy in the next week myself. Do i go back to boring touring/ all season tire or a better tread summer tire?

I dont race the car/ auto cross or anything like that. I drive it normal most the time, but do enjoy a hole shot every now and again from a red light.

wallymn

Been here awhile...
MN
I haven't put Tires on the 13. But I am a big fan of conti's DW tire. Very long wear rate for a summer tire. I had multiple sets on th 09

sinjin69

I recently replaced the factory Contis on my 2013 R Spec with Pirelli P Zero Nero Plus all seasons in a P245/45-19 size. I have 10k on these tires already and have been very happy with them. They were very highly rated on Tire Rack and I agree with their assessment. Very quiet tire that fit well with the character of the car while still offering excellent rain and dry traction with fair winter performance.

OUsig

Been here awhile...
McKinney TX
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I have 18k miles on the same Pirelli P Zero Nero Plus all seasons in a P245/45-19
Had the alignment, rotate and balance done every 4-5k miles at NTB where I bought the tires.
Separate issue as NTB in McKinney, TX lost my future business
Ok back to the point...these 45,000mile tires dont last. I have 1 at 2/32, 1 at 3/32 and the other 2 are close to 3/32.

kw88keys

Registered Member
NYC
Now you sound like my wife on ways to spend my money on HER car....thanks and I am glad to know 245's will fit. Just much better tire choices for that size.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus 245/45/19, any opinions?
I also switched about a year ago to the 245/45/19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/3 on the standard rims with no problem.
Originally had the 235/45/19.

Phiferwt

I would be happy with going 245 just want to make sure they will fit before I purchase them online.
Yes they fit, I run 245-45-19 on my 2012 R-SPEC. There are more tire options in that size and some are less expensive than the Michelins..

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.