2015 5.0 V8 models: Do they all come standard with first two packages

GenesisNikon

Registered Member
From what I read the 5.0 model co Es standard with the Signatire and Tech package. The only upgrade option is the Ultimate package correct? Which means the only major add.on missing is the HUD and the automatic trunk open. Because looking online and test driving the car yesterday it came with basically all the bells and whistles.

ksoze

Registered Member

lobsenza

Registered Member
Austin, TX
Yes, signature and tech are standard. So is the real wood.

tmf2004

Registered Member
Also the automatic trunk release is standard to... nice feature but i wish it would close by itself.. i'm sure the larger 9.2'' screen and HUD are a nice feature..

5 Timer

Registered Member
northern Nevada
Don't forget ultimate comes with the automatic rear windshield sunshade too.
Even the hoi polloi owners of the base 5.0 have the automatic rear windshield sunshade.
One of the small things Hyundai did to assuage our shortcomings. :rolleyes:

GenesisNikon

Registered Member
About the HUD, does it require special windshield or is it just any regular windshield. Reason I ask is we get a lot of cracked windshields in Colorado due to high usage of sand on the roads. A "special" windshield will cost a bit more to replace.

Alwaysforward

Been here awhile...
South Florida - Treasure Coast
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Also the automatic trunk release is standard to... nice feature but i wish it would close by itself.. i'm sure the larger 9.2'' screen and HUD are a nice feature..

My Ultimate closes by itself... :D

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
About the HUD, does it require special windshield or is it just any regular windshield. Reason I ask is we get a lot of cracked windshields in Colorado due to high usage of sand on the roads. A "special" windshield will cost a bit more to replace.

Special windshield; there's a coating that makes the HUD more visible. As of right now, there's no aftermarket version and they can only be ordered from the dealership. I had to replace mine recently, and the part cost about $1,400 and took over a week to be delivered.

The cost shouldn't matter, since even the cost of a non-HUD windshield + installation is probably more than your insurance deductible. Some states require zero-deductible glass, so you might check if that's the case in Colorado.

lobsenza

Registered Member
Austin, TX
I have clear tint on my windsheid and it does not effect the HUD.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums