2015 5.0 w/ electronic exhuast cutouts

Huddleston

Registered Member
Fayetteville, AR
finally wrapped up the install of the QTP electronic exhaust cutouts. it was a PITA but the sound makes it worth it!

Youtube video:
http://youtu.be/WIy3--DbLhs

dmitriylm

Registered Member
Looks good, clean install. Any issues with the placement and sound in the cabin? I had an electric cutout on my 2011 Genesis Coupe and it dumped right under my seat which certainly added to the impact. I always wanted to mount it further downstream so you still get the cutout and external noise with a bit less cabin penetration. Sound deadening on the sedans is much beefier than the coupes so it might not be as bad.

Huddleston

Registered Member
Fayetteville, AR
the DH is over insulated so its really not bad at all in the cabin. the best part is just being able to use the remote to go from what is essentially an open header to completely stock.

loving them so far!

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Daaaaaamn! Makes me wish I have the V8! I wonder what a V6 would sound like with cutouts.

bkpatel

Hasn't posted much yet...
Did you mount a switch in the cabin as well or do you just have the wireless remote? Also did you just order the QTP kit?

Last edited:

Huddleston

Registered Member
Fayetteville, AR
2.25 inch kit from QTP. I wired the switch as the remotes stopped working mid way through the install

bkpatel

Where did you mount the switch?

Huddleston

Registered Member
Fayetteville, AR
I left it behind the access cover on the left drivers side. I have my laser jammer controller there as well and I did not want to drill into the plastic.

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
2.25 inch kit from QTP. I wired the switch as the remotes stopped working mid way through the install

You sending the remotes back to get one that actually works?

dmitriylm

Registered Member
You sending the remotes back to get one that actually works?

Could also be the receiver. Wired connections are the safer bet.

jmac

Ft Worth
I'm an ol-guy with an ol-car. A 2012 Genesis 5.0. My concern is that after in & out mods the ecu will be outta wack. What is your experience with your mods?

Merciful

I'm an ol-guy with an ol-car. A 2012 Genesis 5.0. My concern is that after in & out mods the ecu will be outta wack. What is your experience with your mods?

well I did a muffler delete and everything seems fine..

cRaCkZzZz

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Nice setup. I'm also would like to have it. But I'm wondering about warranty. Will this changes affect on it? Thank you.

Beau2424

Been here awhile...
Getting mine installed as we speak!! So tell, how much do you still use these and like them? I lime the fact that I can adjust how much these are opened. Can't wait!
btw, I have a 2012 Equus

Claylambo

Arizona
Beau did you have any issues after install?

Beau2424

Been here awhile...
Beau did you have any issues after install?

Only thing was that it extended lower than the rest of the bottom of my car, so it rubbed/scraped my driveway when pulling into garage.. so i had them cut the pipes down to make it more level with the rest of the bottom of the car..

tmf2004

Registered Member
What can one expect to pay after purchasing a kit and installation? Google brought up some prices of $280 to $399.. I'll look up 2.25 kit..

Beau2424

Been here awhile...
What can one expect to pay after purchasing a kit and installation? Google brought up some prices of $280 to $399.. I'll look up 2.25 kit..

kit and installation at my Muffler shop cost me $975 total..

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums