• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015 christmas tree dashboard (resolved)

ldp82

Registered Member
2015 5.0 Ultimate just turned 50k miles today. To celebrate it had a meltdown throwing the check engine, stability control, PSB, TPMS, AEB, autohold (now disabled and in red) and I think briefly the airbag light. When I came to a stop it ran rough for a few seconds before shut down. on restart an hour later just the check engine light was on, car ran fine for 1/2 mile before all the lights returned.

Called the dealer and will be dropping it off first thing tomorrow. I think its a senors and hope it is an easy fix.

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
While it's not impossible that a whole bunch of completely separate sensors associated with those separate systems all failed and recovered at the same times, it seems much more likely to me that it was/is some system wide failure such as power supply (alternator/battery) or something interfering with a car wide data bus.

ldp82

Registered Member
Thank you both. On the way into the dealer parking lot the car had another hiccup. Thankfully I was able to show them! In addition to all the lights the engine temp and out side temp both failed to register and the car started stuttering. What was very odd is when I put the car back in drive the shifter light stayed in park (car still drove). I informed them about the fuel pump module and am waiting to hear back.

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Another symptom of bus (CAN) failure. It could be wiring, but it is often a failing module, like the fuel module or the parking brake module, or some other one.

ldp82

Registered Member
Closeing the loop on this one for the next guy. You were right, confirmed fuel pump module.

Last edited:
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums