2015 Equus, $33k, 23k miles--talk to me

the_kid_hartford

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Alright friends....I'm a 2009 Audi A8L owner looking to go 2015 Equus Ultimate. I have one for $33k with 23k miles on it. It is on Carmax. Any input at all would be appreciated. I have to test drive it obviously but I've been doing a lot of research and I like big, luxury cars but am tired of paying $50k for them.......I've driven a LS460 as well so I know enough about luxury. I need to know about the Equus. Thanks so much, cheers. tkh

lee polowczuk

Hasn't posted much yet...
I think that's high for a 15... unless that includes some sort of extended warranty. You are probably less than a year from being out of the factory warranty due to time.

For reference,last year I bought a 15 Signature with 36k on it for 25.5k....

princelybug

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Per KBB:

Notable Standard Equipment
For 2016, Hyundai’s Equus luxury sedan is available in just two trims, Signature and Ultimate. Signature could be considered the "base" trim, but it's hardly lacking. This least expensive Equus comes with a V8 engine, 8-speed automatic transmission, navigation system with 9.2-inch command screen, tri-zone climate control, that 17-speaker Lexicon audio system we already raved about (see Favorite Features), smart cruise control, blind-spot monitoring and premium leather seating with suede headliner. Other passenger-oriented amenities include heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel and power rear sunshade.

Notable Optional Equipment
As there are no options for the 2016 Hyundai Equus, buyers seeking the ultimate version can spend about $7,000 more for the Ultimate trim. It lives up to that name with forward and multi-view camera systems to ease parking, hands-free power-operated trunk, 12.3-inch TFT LCD instrument panel and head-up display. Rear-seat passengers are treated to cooled seats, rear-screen entertainment system with twin 9.2-inch monitors, power lumbar support and vanity mirrors. Another especially neat feature is the power door closure, which automatically and gently shuts the door.

2016 Hyundai Equus | Pricing, Ratings & Reviews | Kelley Blue Book

pgsilva

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I bought a 40K 2015 Signature for about $24K from Carmax, and that included a 5 yr/60K mile extended warranty. If that helps

mothersilm

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I think that's high for a 15... unless that includes some sort of extended warranty. You are probably less than a year from being out of the factory warranty due to time.

For reference,last year I bought a 15 Signature with 36k on it for 25.5k....
That is exactly what happened to me. My warranty expired about 3 months ago exactly when the problems began to appear. I am thinking that maybe, these cars are programmed to start giving problems right after the warranty expires.