• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015 Equus Subwoofer Upgrade

Clampetron

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I know there are a lot of threads regarding this topic but none that I found addressing my goal.
I have a 2015 Equus that seems to lack proper bass response. I want to upgrade.
I do not want to replace with a box in the trunk. I want to do a plug and play replacement of the existing speaker in the back deck with a much better speaker. No trunk encroachment, no in-depth re configuring of the system, etc.

Am I asking too much? Not that simple?

Thanks.

Attachments

brucehulkbanner

Hasn't posted much yet...
MD
It can be done. You have to remember it's still only a single 8 inch woofer being powered by the factory amp. Bass response will improve with a better 8 inch sub but not significantly. Any audio shop should be able to give you an estimate.

Clampetron

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
It can be done. You have to remember it's still only a single 8 inch woofer being powered by the factory amp. Bass response will improve with a better 8 inch sub but not significantly. Any audio shop should be able to give you an estimate.
Thanks for the response. Off to the car stereo shop!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums