2015 Genesis 3.8

grandpamike

Registered Member
I own a 2012 Genesis 4.6 and am considering buying a 2015 3.8 with the Signature & Tech package, which lists at the dealer for 49,175. They are offering me this car with either 1.9-2.9% financing for 3 years at a price of, 37,500, or with tax, out the door price of 41,260. IS this a great price or can I get a better one somewhere else, say out of state. I live in Illinois.

AustinTX

Registered Member
Austin, TX
I own a 2012 Genesis 4.6 and am considering buying a 2015 3.8 with the Signature & Tech package, which lists at the dealer for 49,175. They are offering me this car with either 1.9-2.9% financing for 3 years at a price of, 37,500, or with tax, out the door price of 41,260. IS this a great price or can I get a better one somewhere else, say out of state. I live in Illinois.

Unless this is an AWD model, the list price is too high for a 2015 with Signature & Tech package.

I can't comment on the price, but here's what I did to get the best price available at the time. I went online, found all the Hyundai dealers within 200 miles of my ZIP code (Google maps helped) and emailed every dealer asking them for an out the door price for what I wanted (I was pretty specific on color and equipment). Wait for the responses and pick the best offer. I think the dealers will want to get rid of the 2015 models sooner rather than later, th e2016 are on the lot, and the G80 (the new Genesis branded version of the current car) is probably not too far away. These 2015 cars will only depreciate more if they keep them on the lot any longer.

celltech

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Dealers in TX at least are still offering 12K off 3.8's and 14K off 5.0's.

Personally, I would get a non-ultimate 5.0 before I got a loaded up 3.8.

But based on your starting price and then the ~12K off, seems reasonable to me.

grandpamike

Registered Member
I pulled the trigger today, got it for 37,154. I will be keeping it for at least three years, and don't need the 8cyl engine, the 3.8 is fine. It does have AWD, that is what I wanted, especially for the winters in Illinois.

smirn0ff

Registered Member
Bulgaria
great pick man, car is awesome, AWD is awesome ;)

Florida Alan

Registered Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My msrp with all 3 option packages was $50,200, and then I saved $12,000 with current rebates and incentives.

grandpamike

Registered Member
Well, that is a great price. But they did not have that in stock, but had the color I wanted, and I really did not need the Ultimate package, so I am happy with the price, and the options.

jsmit86

Registered Member
Elgin, IL
I pulled the trigger today, got it for 37,154. I will be keeping it for at least three years, and don't need the 8cyl engine, the 3.8 is fine. It does have AWD, that is what I wanted, especially for the winters in Illinois.

That is an excellent price. What Color, and what dealer if I may ask.

grandpamike

Registered Member
The one that I will be selling was Black Noir Pearl with Jet Black interior. The new one is Caspian Black with gray interior.

GenesisAWD

Registered Member
Omaha
The one that I will be selling was Black Noir Pearl with Jet Black interior. The new one is Caspian Black with gray interior.

Congrats! I have the exact same car except my colors are swapped with yours.

I have a '15 AWD w/Tech package and Empire State Gray exterior with black interior.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums