2015 Genesis 4 dr. 3.8 Ultimate Pkg. Radio/Nav has parasitic 5 amp draw with key off

ROG217

Hasn't posted much yet...
It drained the battery overnight. I traced the draw to the multimedia 20 amp fuse that feeds the A/V & Nav. (8" touchscreen). Remove fuse and draw(with key off) is gone. Fuse in, back to 5 amp draw w/ key off. How do I get a wiring diagram to try to start eliminating the items that draw juice from that fuse? Anybody else had this problem? Can drive car with fuse in & all radio, nav, gps etc work fine but something remains drawing juice after key is turned off.

okcguy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
It drained the battery overnight. I traced the draw to the multimedia 20 amp fuse that feeds the A/V & Nav. (8" touchscreen). Remove fuse and draw(with key off) is gone. Fuse in, back to 5 amp draw w/ key off. How do I get a wiring diagram to try to start eliminating the items that draw juice from that fuse? Anybody else had this problem? Can drive car with fuse in & all radio, nav, gps etc work fine but something remains drawing juice after key is turned off.

The repair manual states there is a time period (I think 12 or 24 hrs) to allow all the systems to go to "sleep" before checking for a draw. There's a link in the 15/16 sedan sub forum .

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.