2015 Genesis 5.0 Android Auto / Apple Car Play Available after update

yolonge

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hello,

I just performed map update (V13) from i believe V6/V7, and while looking around the setting I noticed Android Auto / Apple Car Play icons. It turns out Android Auto function is available through USB (no wireless?) and appears to be working. I was wondering because 5.0 or Ultimate (9.2") did not have Android Auto available; did it come with the new update?

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hello,

I just performed map update (V13) from i believe V6/V7, and while looking around the setting I noticed Android Auto / Apple Car Play icons. It turns out Android Auto function is available through USB (no wireless?) and appears to be working. I was wondering because 5.0 or Ultimate (9.2") did not have Android Auto available; did it come with the new update?

so you have an Ultimate with the 9.2" screen and jog dial and you installed Version 13 and now have Carplay and Android Auto?

just trying to be clear, because up to now neither were available for the 9.2" prior to the 2018 models.

and no it wouldn't work through wireless, wireless Carplay/AA require in car wifi, it does not work through bluetooth because of bandwidth limitations. bluetooth cannot transfer video/screen mirroring, wifi is required for that.

armstsho2015

Mississippi
Genesis Model Type
Hello,

Which radio do you have?

yolonge

Genesis Model Type
I have 2015 5.0, non-ultimate with 9.2 (touch only). I have recently bought the car. I will post pic soon.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have 2015 5.0, non-ultimate with 9.2 (touch only). I have recently bought the car. I will post pic soon.
I thought the touch only was an 8" screen, and your pictures seem to indicate it is an 8" screen. The touch only has an additional plastic surround to fill in the gap difference between the 8" touch and the 9.2" premium.

Carplay was added to the 8" touch a few years back, since your version was so old you didn't have it, but had you done the free upgrade that was offered about 16 months ago you would have had it then.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.