2015 Genesis 5.0 to G70?

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis G70
Hello!
I wanted to see if anyone had made the switch from a 2015-2016 genesis to the G70.

I currently have a 2015 genesis 5.0 ultimate, which is in great shape with about 50k miles. I really dig the g70 styling, the performance, and overall size but I guess I'm wanting to know if the switch is truely an upgrade or kind of moot.

Thanks ahead of time

Kolme

nellie1289

Registered Member
Portland, Oregon
Genesis G70
Hello!
I wanted to see if anyone had made the switch from a 2015-2016 genesis to the G70.

I currently have a 2015 genesis 5.0 ultimate, which is in great shape with about 50k miles. I really dig the g70 styling, the performance, and overall size but I guess I'm wanting to know if the switch is truely an upgrade or kind of moot.

Thanks ahead of time

Kolme
went from a 2016 3.8 ultimate to g70. If you do some searching here you will see many have done the same. They are totally different cars. This caught me off guard as I went looking at g70 as my lease was coming due. In short. If you are into a big cushy comfy ride keep your current unit. If you want something rougher and sportier and more of a head turner check out the g70. 3.3T really runs!!!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis G70
Thanks for the replies. I'll try to test drive one today if I get a chance. I like the sportiness of the g70, just worried I'll miss out on the luxurious feel of the g80. I wish the g70 drivers area was a bit more like the g80 or even the new pallisade with the digital dash, depressed infotainment center, etc.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis G70
Thanks for the replies. I'll try to test drive one today if I get a chance. I like the sportiness of the g70, just worried I'll miss out on the luxurious feel of the g80. I wish the g70 drivers area was a bit more like the g80 or even the new pallisade with the digital dash, depressed infotainment center, etc.
Sounds like your solution is a G80 3.3t Sport

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis G70
Well. After test driving a g70 3.3t with the wife we actually really loved it. Overall it has all the same or more features compared to our 5.0 ultimate but with a smaller form factor and alot more sportiness. And with.. a much better... sound system.

So we went ahead and traded in and are now proud g70 owners. We really didnt need a backseat anyway ;).

nellie1289

Registered Member
Portland, Oregon
Genesis G70
Well. After test driving a g70 3.3t with the wife we actually really loved it. Overall it has all the same or more features compared to our 5.0 ultimate but with a smaller form factor and alot more sportiness. And with.. a much better... sound system.

So we went ahead and traded in and are now proud g70 owners. We really didnt need a backseat anyway ;).
Nice. Pics or it doesn’t exist.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
That's a handsome car. I've always been a sucker for the OEM 10-spoke wheels. Well done, good sir.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums