• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015 Genesis "Likes":

Alwaysforward

Been here awhile...
South Florida - Treasure Coast
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Post what you like about the 2015 Genesis.

• SEATS: I stopped in today at Wallace Hyundai (Stuart Florida) and finally tried out the 5.0 Ultimate package seats. All I can say is WOW! Most comfortable seat I have ever sat in. Mind you, I haven't been in a lot of nice cars but this car has the most comfortable seating in any car I have been in. The adjustments allow you to put the seat in any position imaginable. The softness of the leather is premium. The softness of the packing in the seat itself is firm but soft if that makes any sense. The leg extension is a nice option that will help on long trips for sure. When the seat is place all the way back I can stretch my legs straight out. For ref. I am 6ft 1". This is a must have in any car I get.
  • POWER TILT & EXTEND STEERING WHEEL: I have only had manual adjustments on the cars I have previously owned so this feature to me is great. It extends outward at least 2 inches. Nice option.
  • SWITCH PLACEMENT: The knobs, switches and controls in this car all seemed to be placed in the right location. I didn't get a chance to check them all out but for a 15 minutes review at lunch time, I like.
  • 5.0 TIRES: These things are WIDE. P275/35R19's on the rear and P245/40R19's on the front. Hankook was the manufacturing brand with a very well planned out pattern. I didn't get the model number but will next time so I can go online and check the rating. I am sure they are better than the Dunlops you all have been complaining about.
  • MONTECITO BLUE: This color is like none other I have seen. Stands out in the showroom for sure. They only had it on a 3.8 base model but it sure looked nice.
  • I am sure there is many more things I will find but for only spending 15 minutes around this car today during lunch, it is a must have.

powerslide

Registered Member
Agree with the seats. I drove a 3.8 signature tonight and that seat is no where near the awesomeness of the tech/ultimate seat. It's comfortable, but the tech/ult. Is other worldly.

Love the suspension. Handling is great.

Panoramic roof is pretty cool.

gameday22

Been here awhile...
Florida
1) AEB (Autonomous Emergency Braking)...love it ! I had it kick in yesterday evening when a person pulled out in front of me, the system definitely reacts quick and brought the car almost to a complete stop before it deemed it was safe again. It appears in the HUD, brakes are automatically applied, the seat belt pre-tensions and it audibly queue's you.

2) LKA (Lane Keep Assist) - it has 2 modes. First mode is pre-departure which is the one I like the best, it simply makes light steering adjustments to keep you centered in your lane. Personally I found it to be quite pleasant though some might not care for the feature. Second mode is post-departure which is much more aggressive after the fact of your leaving the lane, in this mode it waits till your over the line then if there is no steering input from the driver it forcefully puts you back into your lane. Both of these settings pause while the blinker is on allowing lane change without feedback in the steering wheel, including when you use the flash to pass feature which can now be set to 3, 5, or 7 blinks before it turns off.

3) Lights on the interior handles at night have a very soft glow that makes it easy to see. Not a big deal but a very nice touch for a luxury car.

4) Mirrors now automatically fold/unfold if set to the auto position.

5) Panoramic Sunroof - kinda cool and is fun to look out of on a star filled night (yeah I know you should be looking at the road lol).

6) Seats & Suspension (V8 Ultimate) are so much improved that it's a totally different ride, the car does a great job of smoothing out the bumps and feels much more composed.

7) Tires...these Hankook's look and perform great, the low profile of them doesn't seem to effect the comfort level and they are definitely sticky when you romp the pedal. The only thing I would like to see is the same sizes front/back so you can do a true tire rotation vs. side to side only.

ksoze

Registered Member
7) Tires...these Hankook's look and perform great, the low profile of them doesn't seem to effect the comfort level and they are definitely sticky when you romp the pedal. The only thing I would like to see is the same sizes front/back so you can do a true tire rotation vs. side to side only.
You may want to see if they are directional or unidirectional tires. Will complicate rotation with different sizes on front and rear. Also, are they summer tires or all weather?

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hankook ventus are all weather. Top rated on tire rack in their class. I can say first hand they are quiet, smooth riding, and sticky. Not as stiff sidewalls compared to pilot super sports, but an excellent OEM tire.

ksoze

Registered Member
Hankook ventus are all weather.
Maybe on the G1 Genesis it is all weather, but I think the 275/35-19 size on the 2015 V8 is a summer tire for Hankook. Tire rack shows that size Hankook only as an extreme summer tire. Hankook only shows three Ventus of that size, all of which are ultra performance tires.

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Maybe on the G1 Genesis it is all weather, but I think the 275/35-19 size on the 2015 V8 is a summer tire for Hankook. Tire rack shows that size Hankook only as an extreme summer tire. Hankook only shows three Ventus of that size, all of which are ultra performance tires.
You are correct. The Ventus S1Noble2 is all season, and is only available in a 275/40-19 (not 35 wall).

gameday22

Been here awhile...
Florida

They are ultra high performance all season tires M+S H452, clearly marked on the tire with a speed rating of W (168MPH), this is on the 5.0 Ultimate.

gameday22

Been here awhile...
Florida
You may want to see if they are directional or unidirectional tires. Will complicate rotation with different sizes on front and rear. Also, are they summer tires or all weather?

They are unidirectional but since they are different sizes front/rear you can only do a side to side rotation not front/back.

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Gameday, are they 35 or 40 wall? If 35 then they must be custom OEM and apparently not yet offered outside the Hyundai channel?

gameday22

Been here awhile...
Florida
Gameday, are they 35 or 40 wall? If 35 then they must be custom OEM and apparently not yet offered outside the Hyundai channel?
They are 245/40-19's on the front and 275/35-19's on the rear, only offered through Hyundai at this time and suppose to be offered through Tire Rack etc in the near future. I spoke with a Hankook representative about this when we were doing the HMA event at Disney.

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Test drove a 2015 Caspian Black V6 Tech this morning. Here are the likes:

1. The seats! They've upgraded the quality of the motors and switches and slide bearings. No more snap, crackle, and pop. Plenty of range in the adjustments. Front thigh support switch is soft-feel (ala santoprene) and the lumbar/bolster adjustment is intuitive. The back seat leg room is reduced a couple inches but is still ample. Back seats are comfortable, front seats are better! The support and comfort levels are great! The tech has the upgraded driver seat w/ adjustable thigh support. Not sure if the seat cooler in test car was functioning as I didn't notice it get as cold as my 09.

2. The ride! Coming from the harsh 09, words cannot adequately describe how far they've come. In a word: fantastic. Absorbs bumps and dips like they aren't there. Drive over a speed bump in my 2009 at 15 mph and you'll smack your head on the ceiling if your belt is not buckled - think unloaded pick-up truck. Do it again in the 15 and a passenger reading a book probably wouldn't notice. Noticeably improved over the 2012 (non-Rspec) as well. It really is as good as the reviews and other posters here have said.

3. The handling. Handled a highway cloverleaf onramp just fine with no discernable tire roll or drift, and glided a couple tight corners with pavement depressions that would cause most cars to jump a foot to the side. There's a great little road near my house that has several small roundabouts (50-75 ft dia) and is a great handling test at 30-40 mph. I noticed a significant amount more body roll in this car than with the 2012 4.6 non-Rspec and my 2009. But it's nothing out of the ordinary for a luxury non-sport sedan. With the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 tires, it grips as well as my 09 with Pilot Super Sports on dry pavement as far as I was willing to push it with a calm but somewhat white-knuckled salesman in the car and with the ESC on. :D

4. The radio. The 14-speaker lexicon sound quality is very good. Stereo image in the mids was clear and highs were crisp. Lots of range in the tone controls, and mids and tweeters did not blare or clip when set to +9 at 25 on the volume. Not quite as good as the excellent 17-speaker in the 09, as it lacks the punch of the higher-end subwoofer. Bumping the bass up a couple ticks from flat helped, but it's still not quite the same as the 17-Lex. Bluetooth connected easily and did not drop connection at all in the 45 minute long test drive - an issue in my 09. Streaming music was easy and sound quality came through just fine. The touchscreen interface is mostly intuitive but can be a bit confusing if you accidentally hit the MODE button on the wheel and change sources (hint: hit the MEDIA button to return to streaming). HD radio quality is again very good. Overall the system could use a little more punch in the lows w/ a better woofer/subwoofer setup, but is worthy of the trim level of the car.

5. The "what kind of car is that" factor is back. The black paint pops as well as with the 1st Gen. Had a guy on a motorcycle pass me, double take, then slow down to look at the tail to figure out what the car was.

6. Lake departure warning + lane keep assist. This was implemented really well. If you actively change lanes while holding the wheel without a blinker, you'll get the beep + haptic response in the steering wheel. If you let the car drift on it's own (hands off the wheel or with hands lightly resting on the wheel), by the time get a tire up onto a line, the car will gently turn the wheel to pull you back into the center of the lane. It's definitely not the jerky response I expected, and is so subtle you almost won't notice it.

7. Improvements to the cruise distance control. In 2012 the car would make very abrupt throttle and brake changes to deal with distance and speed changes of vehicles in front. This has been improved quite a bit in the 15, along with the addition of a 4th distance setting (about your typical one-alligator-two-alligator).

8. Blind spot detection. Also implemented very well. It will go off as expected if you turn on a blinker at highway speed and there's a car either next to you, in your blind spot, or approaching from behind. The beep is distinct and loud enough that you can hear it above music playing at volume 20.

9. Drivetrain. For a heavy v6, this car has quite bit of giddyup from 0 to 50. The transmission shift points seemed well balanced with the v6 engine. From then on, however, a v8 owner will notice a considerable difference. Although power is noticeably absent above 50 mph compared to my 4.6, dropping the throttle to the kickdown switch at 70mph on the highway worked as I expected. It downshifted well (and quickly! 2012 owners take note!) to find the right gear for passing and I was able to match left lane I-75 at 80 mph with ease.

10. Panoramic sunroof and other trimmings. The pano-glass roof is big! Power split shade keeps out the sun and opened smoothly. The pass-thru to the trunk is a little bigger than my 09, and plastic not metal. Might be able to get a couple, maybe 3 pair of skis through it. Back seat manual sunshades were easy to operate and hooks are subtly placed so not obvious when they're not in use. The storage pockets on the backs of the seats are now hard plastic vs. the elastic banded leather on my 09. Leather seats are perforated in front and back seat and upright surfaces, which makes for better ventilation and less sweat in the Florida heat.

All in all, the 2015 v6 is an impressive ride and has the right balance of drive train, ride, and tech-toys to make the car a fabulous long distance cruiser or daily driver.

Hstead

Hasn't posted much yet...
I finally was able to test drive a 15 today, it was a 3.8 AWD Tech Pkg.

I liked the seat, very comfortable. It is the third best seat I have say in behind my Audi A8 and S8 seats, better than my E550 and Maxima seats were. I drove a 14 base model right before the 15 and the things I noticed were the ride was a little better, suspension was better, absorbed bumps better, handled slightly better, was quieter, and just overall a touch above the 14 base model. I really liked the 14, but everything about the 15 from the seat, ride, handling, road noise, interior, were all just a little bit better.

Now I have to figure out if the "slightly better" is worth about $10k more? I was also shocked by the appearance, this is the first one I have seen in person and it was better looking than the pictures I have seen on the net, which are in the 100's now. I really liked the looks. It is a sharper car in person than I expected it to be.

gameday22

Been here awhile...
Florida
Another like that I noticed over the last couple days with the car:

Bluetooth connectivity...not only do I like it I'd say it's borderline love lol. My Samsung Galaxy S4 connects each and every time within 25 seconds or less of the car starting which is a huge improvement over the previous generation. Once you hit agree to the warning notice on screen and it switches over, the phone is connected within a few seconds. It's the notice screen itself that takes the rest of the time to show up and seems to be a bit slow, as if the processor is bogging down on start up due to not having enough processing power and/or RAM. Once it is started though I haven't noticed any issues and it seems responsive enough to your inputs.

Midnightsun

Been here awhile...
Montreal, Canada
Another like that I noticed over the last couple days with the car:

Bluetooth connectivity...not only do I like it I'd say it's borderline love lol. My Samsung Galaxy S4 connects each and every time within 25 seconds or less of the car starting which is a huge improvement over the previous generation. Once you hit agree to the warning notice on screen and it switches over, the phone is connected within a few seconds. It's the notice screen itself that takes the rest of the time to show up and seems to be a bit slow, as if the processor is bogging down on start up due to not having enough processing power and/or RAM. Once it is started though I haven't noticed any issues and it seems responsive enough to your inputs.
I did not realize there were previous bluetooth connectivity issues and assume this was with Samsung products. I have had iphones and never once did I have an issue on my 2010 or 2012.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums