2015 Genesis lumbar support broken

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I don't usually mess with the lumbar support but today wanted to adjust it and realized it no longer inflates, deflates, or moves up or down. No idea what happened and of course my warranty is up.

Perhaps there is a fuse blown? If so where could I check? Any other thoughts?

Thx

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I don't usually mess with the lumbar support but today wanted to adjust it and realized it no longer inflates, deflates, or moves up or down. No idea what happened and of course my warranty is up.

Perhaps there is a fuse blown? If so where could I check? Any other thoughts?

Thx
In these cars, fuses are the first thing I'd check. There's a detailed diagram in the Owner's Manual for all fuse blocks.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
Last night in a quiet garage I stood next to the seat and pressed the buttons and I could hear the sound of motor(s) doing something, but when I put my hand on the lower part of the seat back, I didn't feel anything moving. So I don't think we have a dead fuse at this point.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Last night in a quiet garage I stood next to the seat and pressed the buttons and I could hear the sound of motor(s) doing something, but when I put my hand on the lower part of the seat back, I didn't feel anything moving. So I don't think we have a dead fuse at this point.
Drag. No way to know what's up without cracking the seat apart or taking it to the dealer to plug it in to the factory scan tool...

Wonder if a car upholstery shop could see if anything come adrift? Just throwing it out there... if you're out of warranty. :unsure:

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Alfer, if you could hear the motor running then why would it be the fuse? I would suspect the fuse if I heard no motor running at all. It sounds like a mechanical breakdown in the seat.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Alfer, if you could hear the motor running then why would it be the fuse? I would suspect the fuse if I heard no motor running at all. It sounds like a mechanical breakdown in the seat.
That's why I was thinking that something may have worked loose inside the seat itself...

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
Yeah I agree something is probably disconnected but not worth the $$$ to dive into at this point. Seat feel fine for now.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Yeah I agree something is probably disconnected but not worth the $$$ to dive into at this point. Seat feel fine for now.
There is that... After I got my seat dialed in, I rarely change it. Other than moving the thigh support in or out during a long trip.

R Spect 12

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
There is that... After I got my seat dialed in, I rarely change it. Other than moving the thigh support in or out during a long trip.
so did you figure it out ? I have the same problem on my 12....

R Spect 12

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
UGH. I have bad back. Besides, anything that supposed to work...must work on my car. I don't smoke but that lighter better work.. lol. If somethings unfixable, I'll get rid of a car. I'm a lil meticulous.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
UGH. I have bad back. Besides, anything that supposed to work...must work on my car. I don't smoke but that lighter better work.. lol. If somethings unfixable, I'll get rid of a car. I'm a lil meticulous.
While I don't change the lumbar often - I'd be irate if the seat heater went south!

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums