• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015 Genesis map: Do I order MapnSoft Version 13 or hold off for 13.5?

Genesis_guy

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
A question on this thread. We used Car Play for years with our 2015 Genesis, but the USB electronics in the head unit died. The dealer wants thousands to replace the head unit. We figure it’s cheaper to just buy the map update, which seems to be $145.

When I go to purchase the download to update the SD card, there are 3 flavors of Genesis: Coupe, Jog dial/ Premium, and Genesis (only touch). We have a 4-door Genesis that has a touch screen. Is this the “Genesis (only touch)”?? I assume we can buy just the latest upgrade (we haven’t upgraded since we bought the car).

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
Riddle me this. As I've mentioned in other threads the new 13.5 map has it's fair share of poor navigation at least in my town but while looking at the split screen map (radio channel shows on right half of screen) I noticed that the map had what appears to be "live" traffic info on the map. By that I mean, there are green lines shown on a roadway when there are no issues, and if there is an accident, I see an exclamation icon, or if traffic is backed up, I see red lines.

So my question is, how is this possible?? I don't pay for the all in connected services, just the basic setup for remote start feature. So where is this data coming from??

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
I think it comes from sirius in some way?

TLeTourneau

Registered Member
SE MN
Genesis Model Type
Riddle me this. As I've mentioned in other threads the new 13.5 map has it's fair share of poor navigation at least in my town but while looking at the split screen map (radio channel shows on right half of screen) I noticed that the map had what appears to be "live" traffic info on the map. By that I mean, there are green lines shown on a roadway when there are no issues, and if there is an accident, I see an exclamation icon, or if traffic is backed up, I see red lines.

So my question is, how is this possible?? I don't pay for the all in connected services, just the basic setup for remote start feature. So where is this data coming from??
I thought that the Genesis supported both SiriusXM Traffic and the Over the Air Road Data Service but I'm not finding it in the manual. If it does support OTA RDS that would update the map as well.

bdlsjmo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type

SiriusXM has a free promotion over the holidays. You get the full data package, including traffic, for a few days. It will go away soon.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
Ahhhhhh! Never got a notice at all about that freebie. Strange.

Oh well. I'll still stick with Google Maps.

Speaking of maps, WTF happened to Waze?? One day out of the blue a month ago it started to lose tracking ability on my AA screen. I tried clearing cache etc and nothing worked. Waze was pretty much dead. I uninstalled it from my phone and tried to reinstall this weekend and now Waze won't even let me log in. I get all these weird error messages. I've given up on using it. Apparently many others are having similar issues when I got to the Waze help forum. Sad, as it was handy to have at times.

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
Waze with AA is really flaky now. Mine seems to "restart" on AA several times every 15 mins or so. I've found that if I start waze before I start AA on my phone it seems to behave better though.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums