2015+ Genesis sedan, TECH menu?

KALAFUT

Hasn't posted much yet...
NJ
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I've been searching far and wide and cannot for the life of me find the instructions to get into deeper levels of menus. I've found one for the COUPE and for the 2012 sedan. No dice for the fully-loaded 2015 model. It has all the goodies, completely fully loaded, $53,800.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Kal

MikeyTG

Registered Member
Joisey
I have these notes in my info about the car, which I copied from a discussion group post somewhere, probably here. I did get into the menus and poke around, but I have no idea what any of them do and whether there are things that can crash or screw up the system or car. YOU ARE COMPLETELY ON YOUR OWN if you decide to fool with them. I had a 2016 AWD Ultimate at the time.

Dealer mode" (engineering mode lite) can be accessed by:
Go to the home screen.Click "Settings", Scroll to the bottom and click "System Info", Tap and hold on the circle in the center of the menus (the one with the arrows on it).
This is a very scaled down subset of the full engineering mode, but I haven't yet found a way in the UI to access that.
Each of the available functions is protected by a PIN code. Here are pin codes (including some for functions that aren't visible):
software: 1358
hardware: 4763
dynamics: 0716
update: 4590
logsetting: 4259
autotest: 4260
password: 0428
variant: 6172
diagnosis: 5173
mapcaremode: 3649

Another possible way into the menus:
click and hold "setup" + "menu" and " track ^" you access to eng menu and on the right you have full eng menu option -> password: 0428

chris41

Registered Member
Cleveland
Another possible way into the menus:
click and hold "setup" + "menu" and " track ^" you access to eng menu and on the right you have full eng menu option -> password: 0428[/QUOTE]

The problem here is the Ultimate trim doesn't have a "setup" button. Our same button says "Disp". I haven't been able to access the engineering mode. I'm hoping somebody with an Ultimate has figured out a way to do this???

KALAFUT

NJ
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
None of these work for me, as I don't have a "circle" in the settings menu, not a "menu" button.

I wish I could post photos.

KALAFUT

NJ
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
We need to figure this out. Maybe contact the original tech who posted those instructions?

Husam

Registered Member
Hey,

Did anyone figure out how to get to the Engineering Mode of Hyundai Genesis (2015+) ultimate trim?

Thank you,

xps

MI
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
did you figure out how to get to the full engineering menu/mode (not dealer mode) in the Ultimate trim?
Click "Settings", Scroll to the bottom and click "System Info", Tap and hold on the circle in the center of the menus (the one with the arrows on it). "HOLD THE CIRCLE ON THE SCREEN".

You will then hear a beep and then the dealer mode is presented. use the passwords mentioned for each option. nothing much to do there though.

FlyingDutchman

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
(I also posted this in the 2015 Ultimate Double Lines No Top View thread) First - Thank you for years of great info. Tho I just recently joined, I’ve been poaching info here for years. Several weeks ago, I traded my trouble-free-for-7-years 100k mi 2012 (non-R) 5.0 for a low-mileage ‘15 CPO 3.8 w/Tech. XM was not functioning correctly at purchase and the dealer ended up putting in a new (refurb) head. With that, the backup camera’s top view disappeared and the double lines appeared. All else in the car works properly. In reviewing the instructions for accessing the Dealer menu and selecting the proper display option, all the reported successes have been with the Ultimate system. Has anyone had success using the same method with the “Touch” system in the Tech package? In advance - Thanks!

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.