• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Second Generation 2015 genesis sedan with 21 inch wheels

tuckerdog1

Been here awhile...
TEXAS
I have always loved just 5 spoke wheels. A lot of customs are just too busy. Like the designer didn't know when to stop. Sometimes less is actually more. Those look really sharp.

Tuckerdog1

Fgpalmer71

Getting familiar with the group...
How are they working out?

Just traded my 2010 for a 2016 and am looking for wheels now. I like how 21's & 22's fill the well but going with less then a 35 series tire scares the crap out of me. Had a blow out on the stock 45 series tires a few hours after I bought the car. I'm slightly nervous about 35 series on 20's to be honest, but the side profile of the car is so solid and chunky anything less then 20's doesn't look right at all to me.

GENROLLER

Hasn't posted much yet...
Maryland

Whitey

Registered Member
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Sorry for the late reply. No rubbing issues. you just have to make sure you have the correct off sets
Hi DM2015GENE, curious if you did anything to the suspension or if you're still running stock? I really like the wheel spacing on yours. I prefer the 'barely' lowered look, not looking for it to look like it's low-riding. Just got my '16 Ibiza Blue and considering some X-Spoke wheels in a silver brushed or polished look. Yours looks very sharp indeed and pops; do any paintwork on her or just a deep buff?

DM2015GENE

Hi DM2015GENE, curious if you did anything to the suspension or if you're still running stock? I really like the wheel spacing on yours. I prefer the 'barely' lowered look, not looking for it to look like it's low-riding. Just got my '16 Ibiza Blue and considering some X-Spoke wheels in a silver brushed or polished look. Yours looks very sharp indeed and pops; do any paintwork on her or just a deep buff?
Im running stock suspension. I did that because I didnt want lower ground clearance or ride. I hade the car color sanded and buffed. It looks wet.

DM2015GENE

How are they working out?

Just traded my 2010 for a 2016 and am looking for wheels now. I like how 21's & 22's fill the well but going with less then a 35 series tire scares the crap out of me. Had a blow out on the stock 45 series tires a few hours after I bought the car. I'm slightly nervous about 35 series on 20's to be honest, but the side profile of the car is so solid and chunky anything less then 20's doesn't look right at all to me.
I agree. I looked at a lot of pictures with 20s and 22s. In my opinion 20s looks a little small if the car was not lowered and I wanted to keep the suspension stock. and the 22s looked a little big with the tires very thin. 21s seem to be the best compromise for me.

DM2015GENE

I wanted to fill in the wheel well gap a little more so im now running 245/35-21 in the front and 285/30-21 in the back

Attachments

Whitey

Registered Member
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Im running stock suspension. I did that because I didnt want lower ground clearance or ride. I hade the car color sanded and buffed. It looks wet.
I agree. I looked at a lot of pictures with 20s and 22s. In my opinion 20s looks a little small if the car was not lowered and I wanted to keep the suspension stock. and the 22s looked a little big with the tires very thin. 21s seem to be the best compromise for me.
I wanted to fill in the wheel well gap a little more so im now running 245/35-21 in the front and 285/30-21 in the back
I'm pleasantly surprised it's stock, as I've been pretty much set on 20's (I felt 19's were too small) and was planning on the Ark GT-F Lowering Springs to reduce the fender gap without giving it that too-lowered look. But I must say I'm lovin' the way your 21's fill it out perfectly.

And that paint looks dripping wet! :love: Whoever did it does great work. Next Friday mine gets her paint correction and if the result comes anywhere near what yours looks like I'll be thrilled. Did they apply a sealant on yours afterward?

My next concern is sidewall thickness so as not to let the smooth ride go to hell and find the least noisy tires possible. You may have convinced me to jump up to 21's and, like you, go with the thicker sidewalls considering the minimal speedo deviation. Looks like your rolling on Lexani rubber(?), and how is the smoothness of the ride in comparison to your 19's?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums