• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015 Genesis TPMS Sensor Programming

losboricua

Registered Member
NE Ohio
I was wondering if the Genesis auto learn TPMS sensors. My previous car 08 Altima they needed to be programmed by the dealer. I know some manufacture actually auto learn the TPMS sensors and some require programming. Reason I ask, my brother in-law is loaning me his winter rims and tires and they already have Hyundai sensor.

baltojeff

Registered Member
Manual states that the system will automatically learn a new TPMS sensor. Tirerack indicates they are a 315mhz sensor. The manual also warns of the scenario where a failed sensor in a tire might result in the system picking up another closely parked vehicles tire. I think this all means that put a new sensor in (the right kind) and the vehicle will pick it up automatically.

losboricua

Registered Member
NE Ohio
Manual states that the system will automatically learn a new TPMS sensor. Tirerack indicates they are a 315mhz sensor. The manual also warns of the scenario where a failed sensor in a tire might result in the system picking up another closely parked vehicles tire. I think this all means that put a new sensor in (the right kind) and the vehicle will pick it up automatically.
Thank you! Yea I think they are 315mhz. I will double check.

parisgrey

Registered Member
i replaced all four of mine when I got new wheels/tires and the system picked them right up, no need to program, just drive down the street for a mile and the pressures showed up. I got them from Tire Rack, and the invoice says Continental brand 433Mhz.

TylerDH

Getting familiar with the group...
Omaha NE
they do auto learn and like a few have stated they need to be the 433 version.

ThoughtfulOne

Hasn't posted much yet...
Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I seem to be having issues with mine. I got a flat and replaced with winter tires. Bought 4 sets of the part 52933 3N100 to install with tires on my 2015 5.0 HTRAC Ultimate. Since it was November, I installed winter tires and it looks like it still isn't picking up.

chris41

Registered Member
Cleveland
I bought 690 takeoffs and the sensors are being picked up. I may someday have the dealer try to program them to my car, or I'll just replace them when I replace the tires.

ThoughtfulOne

Hasn't posted much yet...
Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums