2015 Genesis Ultimate Radio Boot Time/Double Lines On Camera And No Top View

Gennyluv

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hey guys,

I recently encountered a problem well documented on this thread for my 2015 Genesis with Ultimate package.

There is an issue in the radios installed on this model (ones with the DIS system) where the radio will not hold a SiriusXM signal once the vehicle is turned off.

Every time I turned off the vehicle, I would need to send a refresh signal to the radio in order for SiriusXM to work.

I was lucky enough to have Hyundai good will warranty the radio, even though it was outside of it's coverage. I will document my finding and experience in another thread, as I have encountered a new issue.

I am now experiencing an extended load time on the replacement radio, averaging 20 - 25 seconds from ignition start. Can someone shed some insight as to their boot times for their radios? I don't remember mine taking this long.

The second issue that I can confirm, which is also well documented on this forum, is the "Double Line" and no "Top View" on the radio.

Ever since the radio was replaced I have two sets of backup lines, as well as no "top view" option on the display.

I have spoke to the dealers technician about the issue, and even pointed them to a prior thread on this forum. I was told he is going to speak with Hyundai about a solution and to call Friday.

I will update as I go, as well as post of my experience with getting the radio replaced in the first place.

In the meantime, if someone could shed some light as to their boot times on their radios (Again, I have the 2015 Ultimate package), that would be great. I would like to bring it to their attention sooner then later if this is indeed an issue with the new radio.

Thanks!

CarlitoGR

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Maryland
Genesis Model Type
So I was playing with the Dealer Menu and messed up my rear view camera before. So What I would tell you is verify and possibly change some things:

Original Dealer Menu Thread

Go to the home screen. Click "Settings", Scroll to the bottom and click "System Info", Tap and hold on the circle in the center of the menus (the one with the arrows on it).

Once you in the menu, select the Variant button, then enter the password: 6172

Make sure your variant is DH, if not STOP HERE, because if you change the variant a good amount of settings can be lost and I would suggest you convey to a dealer what issues you found.

If the variant is good, select the System menu on the left, on the right, scroll down till you see: Parking Assist 0 and Parking Assist 1.

Parking Assist 1 should be the only value selected and below that selection box, you should see a value of PGS. If not, between the two options, verify:
  • Parking Assist 0: unchecked
  • Parking Assist 1: checked
Once that is complete, in the top right you press the send button, then exit out and turn off the car. Wait a few seconds and turn back on and test it out. Hopefully your back in business.

Good luck! :cheers:

Last edited:

Gennyluv

Genesis Model Type
CarlitoGR! Thank you so much for your advice, this worked PERFECT!

After following your steps, there are no more double lines, and the top view is back.

It resolved the camera issue perfectly, I even showed the technician at my dealer how to do it, so he would know going forward.

I really hope this thread helps others going forward who have had the same issue, and I appreciate your help!

So I was playing with the Dealer Menu and messed up my rear view camera before. So What I would tell you is verify and possibly change some things:

Original Dealer Menu Thread

Go to the home screen. Click "Settings", Scroll to the bottom and click "System Info", Tap and hold on the circle in the center of the menus (the one with the arrows on it).

Once you in the menu, select the Variant button, then enter the password: 6172

Make sure your variant is DH, if not STOP HERE, because if you change the variant a good amount of settings can be lost and I would suggest you convey to a dealer what issues you found.

If the variant is good, select the System menu on the left, on the right, scroll down till you see: Parking Assist 0 and Parking Assist 1.

Parking Assist 1 should be the only value selected and below that selection box, you should see a value of PGS. If not, between the two options, verify:
  • Parking Assist 0: unchecked
  • Parking Assist 1: checked
Once that is complete, in the top right you press the send button, then exit out and turn off the car. Wait a few seconds and turn back on and test it out. Hopefully your back in business.

Good luck! :cheers:

CarlitoGR

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Maryland
Genesis Model Type
No probs, glad I could help. That's what forums like this are for!
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

CarlitoGR

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Maryland
Genesis Model Type
Thank you. Do you have the dealer codes for the hardware and diagnostic options. The one dealer code provided only works on the variant menu.
If you click the link to the "original dealer menu thread" in my post you'll find them.

Last edited:

FlyingDutchman

Genesis Model Type
(I also posted this in the Dealer Menu access thread) First - Thank you for years of great info. Tho I just recently joined, I’ve been poaching info here for years. Several weeks ago, I traded my trouble-free-for-7-years 100k mi 2012 (non-R) 5.0 for a low-mileage ‘15 CPO 3.8 w/Tech. XM was not functioning correctly at purchase and the dealer ended up putting in a new (refurb) head. With that, the backup camera’s top view disappeared and the double lines appeared. All else in the car works properly. In reviewing the above instructions for accessing the Dealer menu and selecting the proper display option, all the reported successes have been with the Ultimate system. Has anyone had success using the same method with the “Touch” system in the Tech package? In advance - Thanks!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.