• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015 Genesis: When will 1st availaibilty be?

drpearso

Registered Member
Wilmington, NC
I have had various sources say that the 1st 2015 Genesis will be at the dealers by April 2014. My question to the forum is -- Does anyone have a reliable date when the 2015 Genesis will be at the dealer available for purchase?

I assumed that this date would be approximately April +/- based on various sources. But after conferring with a Hyundai 'controller' at a local dealer, I was told the 2015 Genesis will not be available at the dealers for sale until 9 months from now. Does anyone have a handle on when the 2015 Genesis sedan will be at dealers for sale? Regards, Dan.

italiabrain

Registered Member
That would be very disappointing if true. Hyundai is still saying spring availability though on hyundaiusa and hyundaigenesis. It would also go against the long held 2Q launch. It is entirely possible that your local dealer may not expect to have one sitting on the lot for test drives until then, but I even doubt that if they've sold any significant number of the Genesis in the past.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
But after conferring with a Hyundai 'controller' at a local dealer, I was told the 2015 Genesis will not be available at the dealers for sale until 9 months from now.
WTF is a Hyundai 'controller'?

Not every single dealer is going to rush out and immediately order the 2015 Genesis as soon as it is available, depending on how many 2013/2014 they still have in stock. Dealers are independent companies and must purchase them from Hyundai Motor America (importer), have them trucked to their dealership, and then sell them to customers. General consensus is that manufacturing of US models is just now starting in early February, and deliveries to US dealers will be about May 2014 time-frame. It is possible that some dealers may get some before end of April.

Sales schmucks who want you to purchase a 2013/2014 right now, are going to tell you the 2015 Genesis sedan will not be available for 9 months.

Hyundai paid $4 million to air the 30 second Genesis commercial during the Super Bowl, so it would be pretty stupid to do that if not coming for 9 months.

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Controller is another name for the top financial role in a business. So yes that person would have a big incentive to clear the 2013/2014s off their floor plan to make $$ room for the 2015s...

drpearso

Registered Member
Wilmington, NC
OK, from the feed back from the folks on the forum here it sounds like the Genesis will be out before 9 months. Everything I've heard (except the controller from a local dealer) indicates that 2nd Gen-Gen will be out in the April to June time frame. I was just checking to see if anything has changed to make it later. I sure do not want to wait 9 months .

The controller I emailed said she asked her sales manager -- that may be the problem with the 9 months from now date. This is suppose to be a high inventory/volume dealer, but I do not believe the 9 month projections. Thanks to all of you who have given me their opinions regarding when the 2015 Genesis will be available. I seriously do not want pull the trigger and buy a different car simply due to needing power bolsters and a better seat than is in the 1st Gen-Gen.

If anyone hears some solid information, please advise us. Regards.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
OK, from the feed back from the folks on the forum here it sounds like the Genesis will be out before 9 months. Everything I've heard (except the controller from a local dealer) indicates that 2nd Gen-Gen will be out in the April to June time frame. I was just checking to see if anything has changed to make it later. I sure do not want to wait 9 months .

The controller I emailed said she asked her sales manager -- that may be the problem with the 9 months from now date. This is suppose to be a high inventory/volume dealer, but I do not believe the 9 month projections. Thanks to all of you who have given me their opinions regarding when the 2015 Genesis will be available. I seriously do not want pull the trigger and buy a different car simply due to needing power bolsters and a better seat than is in the 1st Gen-Gen.

If anyone hears some solid information, please advise us. Regards.
  1. We have already provided solid information, not just opinions.
  2. I don't understand why anyone would take what a car salesperson tells them at face value. Ever.

drpearso

Registered Member
Wilmington, NC
  1. We have already provided solid information, not just opinions.
  2. I don't understand why anyone would take what a car salesperson tells them at face value. Ever.
Mark -- thanks for your input. I did not believe the 9 month answer from the dealership, thus why reached out to the folks on this forum whom I trust. I'm just making sure that I did not miss some change in projected production/delivery dates for the 2015 Genesis. And I agree with you, I surely would not hang my hat on anything a car salesperson tells me (unless I've known them for a long time which is about impossible since they turn over constantly).

The information I received 2 days ago was from a 'controller' which is different than the general salesperson, but the controller got her information from the SM (that tells me she is no more in the information loop than the sales 'team', period). 10-4 on providing the same information that was available pre-super bowl adds. Regards.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums