2015 Hyundai Genesis 17 Speaker Amp/Kicker Install Help

Jeriami

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Thread starter #1
Hello everyone, I found this forum through google. I wanted to make a quick post to see if someone could answer some questions for me. So I have a older amp that is the KAC-628 Kenwood model, I am attaching pictures of the inputs it has. I want to add-on the kenwood amp & a 12" kicker to the existing system the genesis has, I want to keep the existing air amp that is currently in the trunk. I found this thread: Sedan Subwoofer install - which nicely lays out the wiring diagram into words & the install but it does not reference anything about keeping the existing amp? I am attaching 2 pictures of the inputs my amp has now, it is older but I know it works and works well. So since the amp has speaker inputs and a line input would I still need a LOC? Also I know I have to run a separate power wire for my amp but I am wondering how I would go about splitting the speaker wires from the existing amp into my new amp? If I split the wires would I then be able to run them into the speaker wire inputs into my new amp like the picture shows or would it be better in this case to get a LOC? I am wondering why I would need a LOC when the system is already setup to handle the low signal since the air amp comes stock and hits just fine, please excuse my ignorance in advance since this is a foreign area for me. Thanks in advance for any help!

Pictures of my existing amps input & output terminals:

kraze4u

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hello everyone, I found this forum through google. I wanted to make a quick post to see if someone could answer some questions for me. So I have a older amp that is the KAC-628 Kenwood model, I am attaching pictures of the inputs it has. I want to add-on the kenwood amp & a 12" kicker to the existing system the genesis has, I want to keep the existing air amp that is currently in the trunk. I found this thread: Sedan Subwoofer install - which nicely lays out the wiring diagram into words & the install but it does not reference anything about keeping the existing amp? I am attaching 2 pictures of the inputs my amp has now, it is older but I know it works and works well. So since the amp has speaker inputs and a line input would I still need a LOC? Also I know I have to run a separate power wire for my amp but I am wondering how I would go about splitting the speaker wires from the existing amp into my new amp? If I split the wires would I then be able to run them into the speaker wire inputs into my new amp like the picture shows or would it be better in this case to get a LOC? I am wondering why I would need a LOC when the system is already setup to handle the low signal since the air amp comes stock and hits just fine, please excuse my ignorance in advance since this is a foreign area for me. Thanks in advance for any help!

Pictures of my existing amps input & output terminals:
A local stereo shop used an LC6i to step up my amps, sub, and component speakers. I sure wish I could replace the stock head unit with an aftermarket head unit.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.