2015 Ultimate, will it ever get Android Auto

Genesis888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Saw and all thread from 2016 but couldn't find anything new on this. Has anyone heard if Hyundai is going to make Android auto available for 2015-16 Genesis ultimate?

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
not likely, different hardware that doesn't have the ability to run Carplay or A-Auto. kind of like trying to put Mac OS on a Windows Machine, ain't gonna happen.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
not likely, different hardware that doesn't have the ability to run Carplay or A-Auto. kind of like trying to put Mac OS on a Windows Machine, ain't gonna happen.
Remember the FM radio adapters from a few decades ago? I wonder if it could be done that way. But they would never do it. Just no ROI.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Remember the FM radio adapters from a few decades ago? I wonder if it could be done that way. But they would never do it. Just no ROI.
Anything can be done with enough money and time. If it were easy no one would need to look at ROI. But owners will continue to ask anyway.

cheech

Hasn't posted much yet...
Saw and all thread from 2016 but couldn't find anything new on this. Has anyone heard if Hyundai is going to make Android auto available for 2015-16 Genesis ultimate?
I have a 2015 and was directed to the Hyundai site for program update which includes Android. Free of charge. Remove existing SD card and update on your computer. This takes at least three hours plus. Make sure you're around after download is saved because it asks if you want to run it. On another note....its the biggest mistake I made. Voice commands are terrible on the new version and the navigation seems to have changed for the worst. Forget Android...keep what you have.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have a 2015 and was directed to the Hyundai site for program update which includes Android. Free of charge. Remove existing SD card and update on your computer. This takes at least three hours plus. Make sure you're around after download is saved because it asks if you want to run it. On another note....its the biggest mistake I made. Voice commands are terrible on the new version and the navigation seems to have changed for the worst. Forget Android...keep what you have.
only for the vehicles that have the 8" screen, vehicles (Ultimate) that have the 9.2" screen are not compatible with this upgrade.

Genesis888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
only for the vehicles that have the 8" screen, vehicles (Ultimate) that have the 9.2" screen are not compatible with this upgrade.
That's what I read from a 2016 post just wondering if there is an update. I guess not

SuperKing

Registered Member
Vancouver, BC
lol, I've actually put Mac OS on Windows machines. It's actually quite easy. My daily use laptop is a Dell XPS15 running High Sierra.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.