• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

2016 Equus Ultimate

princelybug

SUSTAINING MEMBER
SoCal
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I just had my 15 5.0 done at 34k . I too can feel a difference. Not that the shifting was harsh prior to service. The downshifts are where I notice the difference.

Exactly my experience as well. We change our engine oil so regularly/often it’s hard to notice a difference, but the longer change interval of the tranny fluid makes it noticeable when changed.

Kraig Wilkinson

Registered Member
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Exactly my experience as well. We change our engine oil so regularly/often it’s hard to notice a difference, but the longer change interval of the tranny fluid makes it noticeable when changed.
I take good care of all my vehicles . And that includes trans service along with power steering fluid ,differentials,brake fluid, coolant,etc. I believe it helps more than we are aware of.👍

princelybug

SUSTAINING MEMBER
SoCal
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Question: Will the battery continue to drain if I keep a device plugged into the USB port overnight?

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Question: Will the battery continue to drain if I keep a device plugged into the USB port overnight?
My 2018 shuts down power to the port after I leave the car. I can't speak to the 2016, but I would expect it to do the same. Plug in something that lights up, and come back and look through the window (without your smartkey with you) and see if the light has gone off. Then, you'll know for sure.

princelybug

SUSTAINING MEMBER
SoCal
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
My 2018 shuts down power to the port after I leave the car. I can't speak to the 2016, but I would expect it to do the same. Plug in something that lights up, and come back and look through the window (without your smartkey with you) and see if the light has gone off. Then, you'll know for sure.
@joegr Thank you! What a brilliant suggestion! Just did it twice in my car, and both times the USB light lost power at ~ 2 minutes 58 seconds. No need to worry about leaving anything plugged in.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

T_E

Registered Member
Does anyone have a cost figure for dealer replacement of the transmission fluid?
I'm at 65k miles, and transmission feels great. 80% hwy miles.

Valvoline had a $130 deal using their synthetic fluid, but I missed the sale. My dealer (using Hyundai fluid) wants $200. I have been told that a lot of dealers don't use Hyundai fluid, but "BG" brand fluid.

princelybug

SUSTAINING MEMBER
SoCal
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Does anyone have a cost figure for dealer replacement of the transmission fluid?
I'm at 65k miles, and transmission feels great. 80% hwy miles.

Valvoline had a $130 deal using their synthetic fluid, but I missed the sale. My dealer (using Hyundai fluid) wants $200. I have been told that a lot of dealers don't use Hyundai fluid, but "BG" brand fluid.

The Hyundai fluid is available:

I would use OEM fluid, but any mechanic can perform a drain and fill of fluid.

T_E

Registered Member
Thanks; I would really like to try to get 7 quarts out of it by having them vacuum it out; will explore it further with the dealer, who quoted $200 to replace fluid.

T_E

Registered Member
Makes sense to me to get as much new fluid in rather than diluting it with old stuff!

princelybug

SUSTAINING MEMBER
SoCal
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Makes sense to me to get as much new fluid in rather than diluting it with old stuff!

Makes perfect sense. But in order to get close to draining 7qts, you will also have to drop the pan. A simple drain/fill will get you under 3qts.