2017 G80 Premium infotainment/navigation version/updates

andyw715

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello,
I use CarPlay for navigation, so I really don't care if the car maps are up to date.

My question is is there any other value to updating besides getting map updates? I'm not sure what the current version of software is installed.

conanbarb

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I would say yes for sure. It includes both system and navigation updates from what I understand. For example, I updated the software in my 2018 G80 the first time and all of a sudden I started getting text message notifications that I could either read when parked or listen to while driving.

Maybe that capability was there all along and it was just turned on by default with the update or even possibly had a bug that was fixed. Regardless, they are free for me right now so I definitely like to keep things up to date.

Don88

♪If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)♫ Staple Singers
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello,
I use CarPlay for navigation, so I really don't care if the car maps are up to date.

My question is is there any other value to updating besides getting map updates? I'm not sure what the current version of software is installed.
Why not? It is now a free download.

Don88

♪If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)♫ Staple Singers
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
ds
thx all....i didn't know it was free
Let my computer run three plus hours doing the download; all went well. I did an overwrite of my second upgrade SD card. I hope of what I suspect; the nav upgrades will be free to download in the future. It would be cost effective to Genesis if offered free; no SD card cost, and no shipping and handling cost. The $25 fee just doesn't cover it.

P.S. I used a SD micro, SD (dual socket) Card USB converter to make connection to my computer. Got it at Best Buy.

PFWiz

Registered Member
Lorain, Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Just loaded newest upgrade in our new 2020 G80 Sport. Ordered the the USB drive for FREE! GM WANTED $175 FOR A MAPS ONLY UPGRADES FOR OUR 2016 SS!! Nothing was free! Anyways it loaded up great and we are really jazzed about all the multi media upgrades that came with it. This is great!

ncvasile

Love my 2018 G80 Sport
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Doylestown PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
How hard was it to update? Just ordered my update for my 2018 G80 Sport.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
How hard was it to update? Just ordered my update for my 2018 G80 Sport.
Can you load an SD card in the slot? The hardest part of the job is getting the cover off.

Car should be running and yes, you can drive it during the update but the radio won't work or the camera. When you hear the music start, it is done.

ncvasile

Love my 2018 G80 Sport
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Doylestown PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Ed,
Getting the cover off is no problem. Just nervous that I will mess something up updating it. Is it a plug in and follow directions?

bubbaG80Sport

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Detailed instructions for installing the V13.0 map updates on my 2018 G80 Sport can be found here. I subsequently did the V14.0 updates and the process is very similar.

ncvasile

Love my 2018 G80 Sport
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Doylestown PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Ed,
Getting the cover off is no problem. Just nervous that I will mess something up updating it. Is it a plug in and follow directions?
Then you conquered the hard part. Put the card in and let it do its thing. No user input needed. My last two just started on its own.

DMartin

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Hi Ed - do you know where I can find what the new features are with this latest update? I have a 2017 G80 Premium 9.2 in screen. I haven't found anything that tells us what this update brings. Thanks

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

ManiacMutt

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I had version 14 installed and downloaded the currently available version which I expected to be version 14.5. My 2017 Genesis said I already had the just downloaded version installed. I went ahead and installed the one just downloaded anyway.

Bottom Line ~ Where and how can I now confirm what version is actually installed.

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums