2017 g80 tires please help

D.NICE

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have a 28th 18 I'm trying to find out ways the best tires for my G80 the local dealer is try to get me to put on some Force UHD I never heard of this tire before do anyone know anything about them

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Trying to read through your typos, sounds like you're asking about the "Atlas Tire Force UHP Ultra-High Performance All Season" tires.

Reviews seem to indicate they're low end tires and not that expensive, but the ratings seem okay. Why not just buy the tires you want?

Force UHP – Atlas Tires

Don88

♪If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)♫ Staple Singers
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have a 28th 18 I'm trying to find out ways the best tires for my G80 the local dealer is try to get me to put on some Force UHD I never heard of this tire before do anyone know anything about them
'Got a 2018 G80 Ult that Michelin 245 X 45R 18 are at 38,244 miles that seemed to be good for a few more miles. I plan to replace at 40K. My dealer wants $1,376 to replace!! (I'll be looking elsewhere) But the Michelines seem to be pretty good.

x

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Don, agreed, the Michelin MXM4 245/45-18's all around on my G80 are quiet and grip & run well. Only have 4k miles on the car but unless something better comes along, I'll replace them with the same (but not from the dealership).

D.NICE

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
'Got a 2018 G80 Ult that Michelin 245 X 45R 18 are at 38,244 miles that seemed to be good for a few more miles. I plan to replace at 40K. My dealer wants $1,376 to replace!! (I'll be looking elsewhere) But the Michelines seem to be pretty good.

x
Thank you

Kraig Wilkinson

SUPPORTING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Don, agreed, the Michelin MXM4 245/45-18's all around on my G80 are quiet and grip & run well. Only have 4k miles on the car but unless something better comes along, I'll replace them with the same (but not from the dealership).
I like the continentals DWS. Some dont like them . I find them grippy and quiet. So far they are wearing down nice and even.

D.NICE

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Trying to read through your typos, sounds like you're asking about the "Atlas Tire Force UHP Ultra-High Performance All Season" tires.

Reviews seem to indicate they're low end tires and not that expensive, but the ratings seem okay. Why not just buy the tires you want?

Force UHP – Atlas Tires
Lol wow I didn't realize it had that many typos i was using voice to text from my phone.... But the reason I asked i just Purchase the car and the dealership said the car needed some tires. I bought the car before the tires came in and they own me a new set. They say they order the Atlas force uhp and I told them I never heard of them and I refuse take off the Michigan that's not even to the safety mark.... i just don't think they would have put them on the car if it was still on the lot

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
With as sensitive as the G80/Genesis is to vibrations with the tires, I'd get someone more name brand. Vibration is why they originally had the recall on the Hankook's they put on the 2015 Genesis. We sell a lot of the Continental DWS06 and haven't had any complaints about them yet. Much cheaper than the factory Michelins.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
D.NICE, congrats on the car purchase. Sounds like they're trying to provide a cheap tire to meet their promise to replace them.

In the attached review, Consumer Reports ranked them at 14 of 15. Seems like they run around $100 each based on comparison of other sizes and prices. Amazon has a few.

If you're stuck with them, you could always run then for a while until they can be replaced.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200702-110746_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702-110746_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 17

D.NICE

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
D.NICE, congrats on the car purchase. Sounds like they're trying to provide a cheap tire to meet their promise to replace them.

In the attached review, Consumer Reports ranked them at 14 of 15. Seems like they run around $100 each based on comparison of other sizes and prices. Amazon has a few.

If you're stuck with them, you could always run then for a while until they can be replaced.
I said the hell with it and took them I'll just hold on to them and use them for when my set go bad

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You will likely have to pay mounting fees, but it is what it is.

Could sell them locally on Craigslist and put the money toward a different set, but that can be a pain.

D.NICE

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You will likely have to pay mounting fees, but it is what it is.

Could sell them locally on Craigslist and put the money toward a different set, but that can be a pain.
I didn't think about that.....Thanks

MJLx2

Suburban Chicago
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
My G80 came stock w Michelin MXM4’s. Overall a pretty good tire. Smooth, quiet and comfortable. However, there’s a slight vibration for the first 5+ miles from what I’ve read to be overnight flat splotting of the tires. I’ve read it’s related to the overall weight of the car.
As I’m always open to a quality upgrade, has anyone replaced their stock tires w Vredestein Quadrac Pro’s? They’re a popular, highly rated European tire. Tire Rack reviews by Hyundai Genesis owners seem very positive. In particular, good grip, softens the car a bit and ultra quiet. All of which are important considerations IMHO.
Any input on the Vredestein’s or how to deal with the overnight tire flat spots would be appreciated. Thanks.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I've read good things about the Vredestein tires as well. They don't cost quite as much as the Michilen, either. My only concern with a tire like that is if one blows and I have to buy another one, or a pair, it may take days to get them. That's why I often go with regularly stocked tires at Discount Tire. They have many locations and their common tires are usually good ones at a decent price.

MJLx2

Suburban Chicago
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Good point about their availability. I agree about Discount Tires ... lots of locations, great prices and they have a terrific exchange program. They don’t currently carry Vredesteins so I’ll check with one of the local branch managers about the likelihood that they might beg to carry them. Else I’ll stay with the Michelin’s.

MJLx2

Suburban Chicago
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Yup, I see that Tire Rack sells them. And, they have a video review of the Quadrac Pro’s. They rate them very highly. Better than the 3 competitors that were part of the review. Smooth, quiet, comfortable and with good grip, too. But you’re right about their availability. Discount Tire doesn’t carry them unfortunately. So, I was hoping to hear from some other owners who might have experience with them. I admit part of my motivation is to deal with the slight vibration I’m experiencing for the first 5 or so miles of initial driving of the car. Kinda frustrating. Maybe it’s something other than the tires. I’ve read some owner threads hat suggest it could be a problem with the torque converter or drive shaft. I’m trying to sort through it, but since the vibration goes away after the first 5 miles of initial driving for the day, my inclination is to think it’s flat spotting with the tires since the car is so heavy (3.8 w AWD).

Kraig Wilkinson

SUPPORTING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Yup, I see that Tire Rack sells them. And, they have a video review of the Quadrac Pro’s. They rate them very highly. Better than the 3 competitors that were part of the review. Smooth, quiet, comfortable and with good grip, too. But you’re right about their availability. Discount Tire doesn’t carry them unfortunately. So, I was hoping to hear from some other owners who might have experience with them. I admit part of my motivation is to deal with the slight vibration I’m experiencing for the first 5 or so miles of initial driving of the car. Kinda frustrating. Maybe it’s something other than the tires. I’ve read some owner threads hat suggest it could be a problem with the torque converter or drive shaft. I’m trying to sort through it, but since the vibration goes away after the first 5 miles of initial driving for the day, my inclination is to think it’s flat spotting with the tires since the car is so heavy (3.8 w AWD).
It sounds like the tires. I have same problem, but kind of worse. Cars sits for weeks at a time , those couple of week flatspots take a good half hour at 65 mph to smooth out. I purchased flatstoppers and problem solved. 👍

rayc325

Registered Member
The Big Easy
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Anyone have any experience with the Firestone Firehawk? I need to replace the OE tires - one has been damaged on the front. I don't want to spend too many $$ but want something comprable to the Contis. I have a 2018 G80 sport. Thanks

Last edited:

BretL

Registered Member
Heber Springs, AR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I am seriously contemplating the Vredesteins at Tire Rack. I have the continentals on the 5.0 but I don't need a side wall blowing out on me at speed. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the continental problem, timeline, and have people with 2018 or newer had tire issues?

I'm about to make a long trip with the car and will more than likely replace the continentals...doing 3800 mile loop. I'm torn between Yokohama Advan Sports (we have these on my son's 2016 Genesis), Bridgestone S04 Pole Position, and the Vredesteins Quadrac Pro.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums