2017 g80 tires please help

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Do you still like theses tires you have ?
Yes, no issue with them at all. They came on the new car. Since I wrote that, I've added another 1,200 miles, and I still like them. 😁

Most everyone agree that a tire that comes on your new car is not the same as that same tire you would buy in the tire store. OEM tires are not as good.

OBO

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yes, no issue with them at all. They came on the new car. Since I wrote that, I've added another 1,200 miles, and I still like them. 😁

Most everyone agrees that a tire that comes on your new car is not the same as that same tire you would buy in the tire store. OEM tires are not as good.
Mine came put entry level tires name landsail , idk. I would definitely upgrade to the primacy you have on. Question though do you still feel road imperfections/bumps , regardless or barely noticeable despite the road conditions? What about a slight vibration?

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Mine came put entry level tires name landsail , idk. I would definitely upgrade to the primacy you have on. Question though do you still feel road imperfections/bumps , regardless or barely noticeable despite the road conditions? What about a slight vibration?
The tires are quiet and seem to handle well. I said at the beginning of this thread that when the time comes, I would replace them with the same.

I notice no noise or vibration.

Since then I've found that there are other great tires out there that may cost less. I can't think of them off the top of my head, but I will look around when the time comes. But yeah, the Michelin MXM4's are great tires.

OBO

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The tires are quiet and seem to handle well. I said at the beginning of this thread that when the time comes, I would replace them with the same.

I notice no noise or vibration.

Since then I've found that there are other great tires out there that may cost less. I can't think of them off the top of my head, but I will look around when the time comes. But yeah, the Michelin MXM4's are great tires.
Are road imperfections feel non existent though ? Are you still feel bumps but barely and what not , hows the road comfort level on worse road pavements ?

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Are road imperfections feel non existent though ? Are you still feel bumps but barely and what not , hows the road comfort level on worse road pavements ?
This is very subjective. I like the ride of the car; very smooth, comfortable, and quiet. How much of that is the tires or the car? No telling, I have nothing to compare it to.

Ask me when the tires are close to the tread wear indicators and getting noisy (they all do) and I may change my opinion!

Bill in Alexandria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Let me know how that speaker replacement t goes for you!
Kraig - I got my sub replaced yesterday and they added some damping material to the rear deck and it sounds good. (The original sub is rated at 20W RMS, 40W peak.) I also added a 250W monoblock amp in the trunk. Keep in mind if you do a direct fit replacement of the 8" sub, make sure the new one can be used in a "free-air" or "infinite baffle" configuration.

Since I'm not changing the stock amp to power the front and rear door speakers, I'm hoping for greater clarity over the paper cones; there won't be an improvement in SPL. Hopefully the door speakers will be installed this weekend - depends on the availability of the shop folks.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUPPORTING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Kraig - I got my sub replaced yesterday and they added some damping material to the rear deck and it sounds good. (The original sub is rated at 20W RMS, 40W peak.) I also added a 250W monoblock amp in the trunk. Keep in mind if you do a direct fit replacement of the 8" sub, make sure the new one can be used in a "free-air" or "infinite baffle" configuration.

Since I'm not changing the stock amp to power the front and rear door speakers, I'm hoping for greater clarity over the paper cones; there won't be an improvement in SPL. Hopefully the door speakers will be installed this weekend - depends on the availability of the shop folks.
Hey Bill, when you say rear deck ? You are talking about in the cabin directly under rear window? I am glad everything is working well. Also thanks for the advice in purchasing the correct sub .. I would not have thought about that. Open air...👍

MJLx2

Suburban Chicago
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
I have a 28th 18 I'm trying to find out ways the best tires for my G80 the local dealer is try to get me to put on some Force UHD I never heard of this tire before do anyone know anything about them
DN, I agree with those who urge you to get what you want rather than simply take what the dealer wants to give you. I am also researching replacement tires for my 2019 G80 AWD (my car has factory Michelin MXM4’s). They a very good tire. Smooth, quiet and reasonably comfortable. Good grip, too. My default is to replace them like for like. That said, I’m also researching Michelin’s recently launched successor to the MXM4 - the Primacy TOUR A/S. (Not to be confused w the much older Primacy A/S which had traction problems.) And, as you’ll see from some of my earlier posts on this subject, the Vredestein Quadtrac Pro. The Vredestein’s are a lot cheaper than any of the Michelins, but I’m concerned that the Vredestein’s 100 V rating will result in a stiffer ride - something I’m trying to avoid. in addition, most retailers don’t yet carry the Vredestein line so they’ve got to be ordered online through Tire Rack. No a bad thing necessarily. While there aren’t a lot of reviews for the Tour A/S’s yet on Tire Rack’s website, the reviews so far describe them as smooth, very quiet and comfortable. Kinda in line with what you’d expect for a tire that’s the successor to the MXM4’s. Good luck with your buy decision. Let us know what you decided. Be well.

Bill in Alexandria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hey Bill, when you say rear deck ? You are talking about in the cabin directly under rear window? I am glad everything is working well. Also thanks for the advice in purchasing the correct sub .. I would not have thought about that. Open air...👍
Yes sir. The horizontal surface below the rear window. Here's what I bought, but in black: Amazon.com: Wet Sounds REVO8FA-W White Free Air 8" Subwoofer (Ea), Grill Sold Seperately 200 RMS/400 Peak: Car Electronics

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums