• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2017 G90 3.3T ........Why Me...

MADDMOE

Registered Member
NY NY
Ok so let me start by saying I'm a ORIGINAL owner of a 2009 Genesis 4.6 V8 & still loving it, when I joined this forum years ago it was a blessing and as I have kept my eye on this forum though out the years , I see it still is and I've always loved sharing my work as well as seeing others......my passion is working on motorcycles any kind of 2 wheels but now also 3 wheels (slingshots) and occasionally someone brings me a car especially a Genesis because they know I do my own work on my Genesis, which brings me here today lmao .....

Someone brought me their 2017 G90 for an oil change & plugs. After completing that I found that GREEN monster we all hate to see and it was causing the engine light to come on. After taking it to the dealer he comes back to me with new parts........so needless to say one job turned into .....water pump, thermostat, new belt & some hoses getting replaced BUT I'm having a hard time locating one hose that is above the thermostat (which I guess the dealer didn't bother to remove the bottom covers to look up and see this hose leaking on the thermostat), which has the RED arrow pointing to it.......need a part # if possible...... Thanks in advance

......the pic with 3 colored arrows , the hose had the GREEN arrow pointing to it with the leak.....

By the way HOPE ALL IS DOING WELL in these new times of ours, feel like I'm trapped in my damn house WTF........

Attachments

MADDMOE

Registered Member
NY NY
Ok so let me start by saying I'm a ORIGINAL owner of a 2009 Genesis 4.6 V8 & still loving it, when I joined this forum years ago it was a blessing and as I have kept my eye on this forum though out the years , I see it still is and I've always loved sharing my work as well as seeing others......my passion is working on motorcycles any kind of 2 wheels but now also 3 wheels (slingshots) and occasionally someone brings me a car especially a Genesis because they know I do my own work on my Genesis, which brings me here today lmao .....

Someone brought me their 2017 G90 for an oil change & plugs. After completing that I found that GREEN monster we all hate to see and it was causing the engine light to come on. After taking it to the dealer he comes back to me with new parts........so needless to say one job turned into .....water pump, thermostat, new belt & some hoses getting replaced BUT I'm having a hard time locating one hose that is above the thermostat (which I guess the dealer didn't bother to remove the bottom covers to look up and see this hose leaking on the thermostat), which has the RED arrow pointing to it.......need a part # if possible...... Thanks in advance

......the pic with 3 colored arrows , the hose had the GREEN arrow pointing to it with the leak.....

By the way HOPE ALL IS DOING WELL in these new times of ours, feel like I'm trapped in my damn house WTF........
Well here's an update , the owner went back to the dealer and the parts guy ordered a hose for a 2017 G90 5.0 v8 ( you think he would have used the vin#) when the owner told me the part # and I looked it up I had to tell him it's not for his car ( think I need to work for Genesis, since I'm retired smdh ) so the owner had to go back a 2nd time this morning and we got the shop manager involved and he even said the wrong hose was ordered this morning by his shop guy smdh again.......so now after sending them about 3 new pics of the hose and location they think they found it 🤞🏼

Attachments

MADDMOE

Registered Member
NY NY
I probably could have went and got a water hose and 2 clamps and been done, but I believe in using the correct parts until there is none , than I'll go into Macgyver mood....

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
Sup MO? How many miles does this G90 have on it? Seems like a bunch of stuff to replace on a newer car??

MADDMOE

Registered Member
NY NY
Sup MO? How many miles does this G90 have on it? Seems like a bunch of stuff to replace on a newer car??
What's up 82k miles........this all started because of that coolant leak, I originally thought we were just going to change the hose and thermostat but once he took it to the dealer and looked at the car, he came back to me with all these parts.........

MADDMOE

Registered Member
NY NY
Just curious, isn't that O ring oil leak covered by Genesis? Not sure why Genesis didn't handle that when the owner took the car for diagnosis.
Not sure what type of warranty he has , I get cars dropped off to me all the time and wonder what type of warranty people have or is it they are affraid of the labor bill from the stealership.... Oops I meant dealership

MADDMOE

Registered Member
NY NY
His passenger mirror wouldn't fold in automatically, so they fixed it , charged about $150 , it stopped working the next day.....now they saying he needs a whole unit for about $1400, he told them he would trade the car in instead, then they said they would cover 90% of the cost for the mirror..........you see the games they play.........that's why he came to me ! Guess it's a trust factor also

MADDMOE

Registered Member
NY NY
Honestly couldn't tell you about his warranty other than the fine print at the bottom must have said "Gotta go to Moe's" (me) lol.....

Update: still awaiting the hose the shop manager ordered so I can be done with this vehicle, its actually blocking my garage with my slingshot now I can't go for a ride smdh

MADDMOE

Registered Member
NY NY
Another update: all that stuff wasn't probably necessary, just the thermostat & hose to clear the code but the owner went by what they told him , which is why I do my own work ......if anyone is going to rape me for my $$$ it's the mother of my 3 sons ......

.....I also found out he only had the 5/60k warranty & that's why its sitting in my driveway and not at the stealership.......oops I meant dealership......

MADDMOE

Registered Member
NY NY
UPDATE: Ok so whatever the shop manager thought was the correct hose that he ordered, didn't turn out to be the correct one at all......so I resorted to Advance Auto Parts and got the hose I needed and some new clamps........everything went back together nicely and the vehicle has left my driveway , now I can go ride my bikes .......until the next time or next Genesis issue ......✌🏼

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums