2017 G90 brake high mount stop lamp flashes

G-291273

I just was informed that my high mount stop lamp brake light flashes 3 times before it goes solid. Is that standard. I don't see it noted in any owners manual documentation.
Thank you

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis G70
I have one of these flashers for my G70 but not figured out how to tap into the 3rd brake light wiring yet? Don’t want to peel back the headliner to find the wires. If you already have a working one then good for you. If you have ever been rear ended, the flashers are supposed to help with visibility. I have one on my Miata and I think it helps keep people off my ass. Gives me a little bit piece of mind for what it’s worth.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport
I have one of these flashers for my G70 but not figured out how to tap into the 3rd brake light wiring yet? Don’t want to peel back the headliner to find the wires. If you already have a working one then good for you. If you have ever been rear ended, the flashers are supposed to help with visibility. I have one on my Miata and I think it helps keep people off my ass. Gives me a little bit piece of mind for what it’s worth.

if the g70 is anything like the g80 the wire harness for the high stop is in the trunk, passenger side.. that's where I tapped the wiring for my flasher.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis G70
if the g70 is anything like the g80 the wire harness for the high stop is in the trunk, passenger side.. that's where I tapped the wiring for my flasher.
Thanks. I have the drivers side trunk liner out already poking around some. Will pull the passenger side off too then to see what I can find? If I knew the wire colors would make for less trail and error. May end up having to sign up for a week of the online FSM to look for a wiring diagram which would make the job easy.

joegr

Registered Member
No Genesis Yet!
Recent BMWs 3rd brake lights flash when braking rapidly. I wonder if there are any aftermarket adapters that work that way (instead of always flashing when braking first starts)?

Sedona

Registered Member
No Genesis Yet!
Many EU market cars have this for emergency braking. This is actually set to become law within EU. Now having strobes flashing for regular "soft" breaks every time you break sounds silly to me since when this law come here (it will sooner or later) it will not have any effect since every kid has this on their little Civic so you won't know if it is an emergency brake or not.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport
Many EU market cars have this for emergency braking. This is actually set to become law within EU. Now having strobes flashing for regular "soft" breaks every time you break sounds silly to me since when this law come here (it will sooner or later) it will not have any effect since every kid has this on their little Civic so you won't know if it is an emergency brake or not.

same as high stop lights or DRLs once every car has them they blend in with the field and no one notices them. Only time I truly notice either is when they are out and not working.. makes me more attentive to the dink in front of me.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums