2017 G90 shifting issue, Code P076A

L8RSK8R

Getting familiar with the group...
San Diego
I can't locate my owners manual, so looking for a way to check the transmission fluid level and condition.
I cannot find a/the tranny dipstick.
Vehicle has 90,000 miles on it now, transmission fluid has never been replaced/serviced.

Cycling between Drive & Reverse it will occasionally engage both modes.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I can't locate my owners manual, so looking for a way to check the transmission fluid level and condition.
I cannot find a/the tranny dipstick.
Vehicle has 90,000 miles on it now, transmission fluid has never been replaced/serviced.

Cycling between Drive & Reverse it will occasionally engage both modes.
Manual says:
The maintenance interval for the AT is (was) 60,000 miles

Automatic transmission fluid should not be checked under normal usage conditions. But in severe conditions, the fluid should be changed at an authorized Dealer of Genesis Brand Products

L8RSK8R

San Diego
Thanks Mcc.
Can you confirm if there is a dipstick for checking levels/condition.

I'll take it to the dealership for a going over anyways. It's been 90K miles of absolutely no bother and no issues....until now.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Thanks Mcc.

I'll take it to the dealership for a going over anyways. It's been 90K miles of absolutely no bother and no issues....until now.
Manual makes no reference to one.

Sedona

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Wow, 90K miles, that's great. Any other maintenance or reliability issues you can share?
Yeah! 90K must be one of the most used G90's (???). Any info you can share would be valuable. For instance, how is the seats/leather holding up? What is "wore down" on the car?

L8RSK8R

San Diego
No other issues.
All I've done is $600+ in $50/$60 oil changes (which give me a free car wash too)
Still on the original brake pads/rotors.

The leather itself is in fine condition, although there seems to be a slight discoloration.
I've never thoroughly/professionally detailed the leather.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Isn't the drive train warranted to 100,000 miles? take to dealership.
There is no dipstick as we know it. on the side of the transmission
there is a fill plug just like a ZF transmission which transmission was
designed after and a drain plug near the rear.
Fluid can't be completely changed without a pump for removal
of all the fluid.
Removal from the drain plug will only drain part of the fluid
check the ZF transmission on link. this transmission was used by
many car manufactures and is a copy in genesis

Last edited:

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Is the transmission selecting both Drive & Reverse or is it something to do with the display showing both at once?
Does the car drive when this happens?

L8RSK8R

San Diego
Selecting Drive it will not engage. I have to select Reverse then Drive a few times for it to engage. Once in Drive mode it will move and shift smoothly, as normal.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Remember if you take it to a dealer they need to be able to replicate that, Or they will say they can't duplicate it.
Video tape what it is doing so you can show them. Talk on the video telling what you are doing, Saying your foot
is on the brake and what happens. Then show what you must do to get it in Drive.
Genesis wants the tech to see this happen or not to proceed with a repair.
Hyundai has had problems like that before that had nothing to do with the transmission fluid, but moisture
problems else where, and feed back caused the problem. Remember it is all controlled electronically

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks Mcc.

It's a closed system no dipsticks or service port except under the vehicle on the transmission.

L8RSK8R

San Diego
I just checked my warranty status, looks like I'm good to 100K miles. I bought the car with 3,000 miles, Certified Pre-Owned.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
That's the great advantage of buying CPO
Good for you, let them worry about the tranny

L8RSK8R

San Diego
Guess I don't understand warranties, I'm out of warranty as it's an electrical part.

Car's been at the dealership since December 13th (10 days) They attempted a fix, which was the wrong part. Ordered the "correct" part, still no word if it's gonna repair the situation. Realistically, this is probably the first time they've come across this situation. Their learning and I've already learned that the service fookin' sucks. I was about to buy another G90 before years end (taxes) but this is ridiculous.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Guess I don't understand warranties, I'm out of warranty as it's an electrical part.

Car's been at the dealership since December 13th (10 days) They attempted a fix, which was the wrong part. Ordered the "correct" part, still no word if it's gonna repair the situation. Realistically, this is probably the first time they've come across this situation. Their learning and I've already learned that the service fookin' sucks. I was about to buy another G90 before years end (taxes) but this is ridiculous.
Maybe you just need a better dealer? Every car brand has an occasional problem that seems unfixable. Generally not a big deal except when it is your car. Hope you get it resolved soon.

L8RSK8R

San Diego
Still nothing.
Switched out parts, didn't work. It's been in the shop for 17 days.

I love the car, the value was great...I'll be spending $170,000 today on Lincoln Navigators, instead of G90's.

I can't afford to have a car outta commission for 17 days = $10K to $15K

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.