2018 G80 - No 12 Volt Outlet

Gary_G80

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have a radar detector that has a 12 volt male end with Mute Button, Alert Lamp and Power Indicator . The 2018 G80 doesn't have a 12 volt outlet in the front console like prior years. How would I connect the radar detector on the 2018 and still have the mute, alert, and power indicator functions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have a radar detector that has a 12 volt male end with Mute Button, Alert Lamp and Power Indicator . The 2018 G80 doesn't have a 12 volt outlet in the front console like prior years. How would I connect the radar detector on the 2018 and still have the mute, alert, and power indicator functions?

The one in the armrest not suitable? You can get extensions but they may be awkwardly long for your use.

Gary_G80

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks Ed! I am in the process of purchasing a 2018 G80, have only seen pics on-line, and have yet to actually get in the car...I'll check it out.

pmckechnie

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Matthews, NC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Gary, I am going to use your post to get something off my chest.
First, some information for you. My 2018 G80 has 2 12 volt outlets in the front console and 1 12 volt outlet in the center console. I also have no noise coming from my roof area. It gets great fuel mileage for a 4000+ pound car with a yearly average 26 mpg (calculated, not what the car says). It has no vibration problems. It is quite as a church mouse (south eastern words). Sound system is the best I have ever had in any car, enough to feel it in the seats.
There are a few things it doesn't have that I would like to have but they don't out weigh the good things.
Now the thing on my chest. I wish EVERYONE would put the year, model, and option packages they have in their signature so I can better understand what they want to know. I'm sure there has been some questions I could answer if I had all the information about the car.
If you look at my signature, you will see that I have a 2018 G80 V6 Base. Now you know how many 12 volt outlets I have and where they are.
Thanks very much for letting me get this off my chest.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Now the thing on my chest. I wish EVERYONE would put the year, model, and option packages they have in their signature so I can better understand what they want to know.
100% AGREE! Folks are asking questions and it’s impossible to give an accurate answer.

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So, if we are getting things off our chests, "quite" is not "quiet."
That's quite a quiet car you have there.

G-742415

Yes, I get enoyed when people miss pell simple wurds. Maybe its a mute point though.
I find some of my post here and elsewhere are spell corrected from what I wrote. Not sure if I ever got quite for quiet, but similar words were switched.

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Your write. Its urksome.

bubbaG80Sport

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Yes, I get enoyed when people miss pell simple wurds. Maybe its a mute point though.
Mute?
Are you being witty or did you use the wrong word (moot)?

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Mute?
I take it as having a little fun with my annoyance. I enjoyed it...

Don88

♪If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)♫ Staple Singers
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Mute?
bubba, did you miss the hint to the leg pulling message at the previous comment, "miss pell"?
Ah... me too, at times.

Last edited:

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
He spotted one out of at least five intentional errors. Epic fail.

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

I don't know what brand of radar detector you have, but many companies also sell a hardwired cord with the mute button and power indicators. Alternately, you could cut the 12V plug off the end of your current cord, although you may have to do some research to determine the polarity of the wires. There's a fuse box on the left-hand bottom of the dash (small plastic pull door) where you can access a switched 12V source for power using fuse taps. Even if the 2018 fuse box is in a different location, there should still be one in the cabin. You could then stash the mute button/indicator light somewhere discreet, but convenient.

That aside, I must now disc cuss a matter of grate importance. I suspect that Miss Pell is a which, for I have herd murmurings about spells and such, including hole points rendered mute as if by magic. Irregardless, I sincerely hope nobody burns a steak, witch wood make it unsuitable even for a sand witch.

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
You left out a bunch of apostrophe's.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums