2018 T-Handle Shifter Swap

aarvan66

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hello All,

Does anyone know if the T-Handle shifter from the 2018 Genesis is able to be retrofitted to a 2015 Genesis sedan?

Thank you!

DWIL80

Illinois
Genesis Model Type
there's a non-electronic version of the shifter as well for the base models. i'm curious to try it too, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
where did you see that? can you post a link?

khatton

Fort Rucker, Alabama
Genesis Model Type
I ordered the replacement part and will take it to a local shop -stay tuned!
Have you seen any tutorial on a removal of the shifter knob? On my previous car, it was as simple as twisting the knob from the boot and a quick jerk up to remove it. It may be more difficult with the release linkage but it does look like the Shift Lever Assemblies for both models were the same.

Last edited:

DWIL80

Illinois
Genesis Model Type
Have you seen any tutorial on a removal of the shifter knob? On my previous car, it was as simple as twisting the knob from the boot and a quick jerk up to remove it. It may be more difficult with the release linkage but it does look like the Shift Lever Assemblies for both models were the same.
I have not. I know one of the service writers pretty well at this point (lots of trips for little issues recently, along with 5+ yrs of going there with my Sonata). I'll have him and his rep give it a shot. If it doesn't work out I'll return it.

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Doubt it is a direct swap, at least into the 1G BH models. The 1G shift knob doesn't have a button incorporated and is removed by pulling upward on it as hard as you can. Might be possible for the 2G DH models but I dont know if the knob is different between 1G and 2G models. So can't say.

Interested to see if it is possible though.

parisgrey

Registered Member
Doubt it is a direct swap, at least into the 1G BH models. The 1G shift knob doesn't have a button incorporated and is removed by pulling upward on it as hard as you can. Might be possible for the 2G DH models but I dont know if the knob is different between 1G and 2G models. So can't say.

Interested to see if it is possible though.
He’s trying to put it in a DH.

DWIL80

Illinois
Genesis Model Type
Parts have been shipped! I will post some pics of the parts once they come in, but I am out on vacation next week so I won't know for sure if this will work for another 2 weeks most likely.

unclejunebug

CA
Genesis Model Type
Subscribed! I do like the look of that new shifter and I hope it works out for you. The link above says the part is only about $100. That seems unbelievably reasonable for a car part.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.