2018 US Sales Scoreboard

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have been noticing more Jeeps driving around and even remarked the other week that I found that surprising given their lack of reliability and that they traditionally aren't a good vehicle. They must be doing something right though even if it is just marketing/sales.

I'm sure BMW would love to have their sales be what they show in the article. ;)

Attachments

DWIL80

Hasn't posted much yet...
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I have been noticing more Jeeps driving around and even remarked the other week that I found that surprising given their lack of reliability and that they traditionally aren't a good vehicle. They must be doing something right though even if it is just marketing/sales.
It's the looks most likely. Let's face it, the average buyer isn't a consumer reports subscriber so brand / model reliability rankings don't factor into the decision. I know that Subaru makes reliable cars, but damn are they bland inside and out. Same with Honda and their uber reliable CRV. The new Cherokee looks great by comparison, and probably rides nice and has enough tech / convenience features to sell.

ThoughtfulOne

Hasn't posted much yet...
Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
It's the looks most likely. Let's face it, the average buyer isn't a consumer reports subscriber so brand / model reliability rankings don't factor into the decision. I know that Subaru makes reliable cars, but damn are they bland inside and out. Same with Honda and their uber reliable CRV. The new Cherokee looks great by comparison, and probably rides nice and has enough tech / convenience features to sell.
Historically the CRV has been reliable. My family owns one. Funny thing is that the new CRV actually has engine problems.

Honda CR-V Affected by Engine Troubles

Subaru has historically had engine gasket problems, although they may have addressed those in the most recent cars. I've never found Subaru to be as reliable as say, Toyota though.

The History of Subaru Head Gasket Problem - CAR FROM JAPAN

I think that FCA has a lot of mindshare. Jeep is portraying a lifestyle with its vehicles. My colleague has one. She says she drives it to work on alternate days, as the fuel economy is not very good.

In some ways, I think that is what Genesis needs to do - find a good niche and execute well.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.