• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 G70 Dead battery issues

2019G70Fan

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a 2019 G70 and twice I have walked out to it on a Sunday only to find the battery dead and needing to be jump started. I know I have not left any interior lights or other items on. A couple times I have seen the messge on screen that reads something like, ‘an item is discharging the battery.’ But nothing is connected to any of the ports/jacks.

Anyone else experience similar issues? the battery is an AC Delco AGM type.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a 2019 G70 and twice I have walked out to it on a Sunday only to find the battery dead and needing to be jump started. I know I have not left any interior lights or other items on. A couple times I have seen the messge on screen that reads something like, ‘an item is discharging the battery.’ But nothing is connected to any of the ports/jacks.

Anyone else experience similar issues? the battery is an AC Delco AGM type.
This is definitely a dealer visit issue

ephone1

Registered Member
I have never had this message, but I have noticed that when I am siting in the car, doing something like messing with my radar detector, I get a battery discharge warning after only about 5 minutes. I don't know if the car is actually measuring battery voltage, or just working on a timer. Like many of these cars, mine sat for months at the docks after it arrived in the US while Genesis got their dealer issues sorted. If I have any hint of an issue when it gets cold here in Michigan, I'll replace with an AGM battery.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums