2019 G70 Headlight Low Visibility- Any Way to Fix It?

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I was driving on the highway Sunday night and thought my lights were pretty low. I lowered the car in summer on Ark GT-F springs and didn't really consider the headlights. After reading this, I decided to line my wife's car up to the garage, mark where her beams landed and then line my car up the same and adjust. I did 6 turns on each side. Seems ok *shrug*...
That may not have been a very good idea unless your wife’s car is also the same make and model. You may well have raised yours to a level that will be blinding other drivers. Be sensitive to other drivers flashing you thinking you have your brights on.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That may not have been a very good idea unless your wife’s car is also the same make and model. You may well have raised yours to a level that will be blinding other drivers. Be sensitive to other drivers flashing you thinking you have your brights on.

Maybe I'm wrong but when I lined up both cars mine was roughly an inch lower, so I raised them to just below what hers were... Took it for a drive and they seem pretty good. I drove behind someone and the lights where still below the top of the trunk line.

Last edited:

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
You may be okay then, although headlight height might be a better thing to compare vs. car height. Good luck - your adjustment seems to be in the ball park.

00thvs

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been having an issue with the Adaptive LED Headlights on the G70 that seem too low also. Took it into the dealership and this is what it looks like driving at night after their recalibration. There shouldn't be such a clear light delimitation. It's not how it was when I first bought it.

Attachments

• 20211120_185434.jpg
    20211120_185434.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
that looks scary like you will outrun visibility at normal speeds. You need to adjust the low beam headlights to shine higher. Common problem, easily solved without a dealer which usually has no clue.

00thvs

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
that looks scary like you will outrun visibility at normal speeds. You need to adjust the low beam headlights to shine higher. Common problem, easily solved without a dealer which usually has no clue.
How would you do that? Does the adaptive headlights also have the U/D screw above them under the hood? And how do you know what to adjust it to

Last edited:

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I have a 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 RWD Ultimate. Great car with HID headlights but driving dark windy streets and turns was scary due to the short throw. Adjusted up a few turns and problem solved. HUGE confidence boost. there's a couple of threads on this and how to adjust. not sure how different the newer models are but they should have side and height adjustment.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been having an issue with the Adaptive LED Headlights on the G70 that seem too low also. Took it into the dealership and this is what it looks like driving at night after their recalibration. There shouldn't be such a clear light delimitation. It's not how it was when I first bought it.

I don't have the adaptive headlights and this I similar to what mine looked like... Seems like the Genesis specification is on the low side.

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I would expect that all versions of these Genesis headlights can be adjusted up/down and Left/right regardless of bulb type and adaptive functions. Just don't overdo it and blind people

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners