2019 G80 Any owners yet?

G80FAN

Hasn't posted much yet...
Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yes, purchased 2019 5.0L Ultimate AWD w/ Himalayan Gray Exterior and Black with Gray Piping Interior...
My third Genesis. Fantastic vehicle; love the G80.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Purchased an AWD G80 with ult package 2 days ago. Black on Black
Now trying to figure out how to navigate all controls and options.
As of now car is smarter than I am.
Good for you. Yes, lots of goodies to find and try.
A couple of things I use a lot are Auto Hold and the Cruise control. They make every day driving easier so try them early on.
Have fin

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Good for you. Yes, lots of goodies to find and try.
A couple of things I use a lot are Auto Hold and the Cruise control. They make every day driving easier so try them early on.
Have fin
Totally agree. Pleasantly surprised to note that Auto Hold is effective not only in uphill but also downhill. HUD makes one a safer driver.

Don88

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
We've had our G80 Ult for ~15 months and I'm still finding goodies. Took many months b4 finding the secret package hooks in the trunk. Also, thought 'wouldn't use the HeadsUp Display but appreciate it greatly. Enjoy driving the 80 and take the 12 mile route to get Annie's Mocha in the mornings.
(Cadillac, eat your heart out. Had three and you'll never be better than second, if that).

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
We've had our G80 Ult for ~15 months and I'm still finding goodies. Took many months b4 finding the secret package hooks in the trunk. Also, thought 'wouldn't use the HeadsUp Display but appreciate it greatly. Enjoy driving the 80 and take the 12 mile route to get Annie's Mocha in the mornings.
(Cadillac, eat your heart out. Had three and you'll never be better than second, if that).
Agree with the HUD, at first I thought it was a sales gimmick. Now I enjoy it and use it all the time as a matter of safety.
Can anyone enlighten me on what the webbed netting is for? I found it in the glove compartment. It appears to be some type of barrier. It is not wide enough to go across the width of the trunk. Additionally I don't see any hooks in the trunk that would accommodate it.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Agree with the HUD, at first I thought it was a sales gimmick. Now I enjoy it and use it all the time as a matter of safety.
Can anyone enlighten me on what the webbed netting is for? I found it in the glove compartment. It appears to be some type of barrier. It is not wide enough to go across the width of the trunk. Additionally I don't see any hooks in the trunk that would accommodate it.
IMO. it is to take up space in the glove box. There are hooks on the floor of the trunk where it lays sort of flat. It may be OK to hold down a bunch of boxes but does nothing for grocery bags. I never use it but I'm sure others may find it handy.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.