2019 G80 Any owners yet?

idlemind

Hasn't posted much yet...
Texas
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
IMO. it is to take up space in the glove box. There are hooks on the floor of the trunk where it lays sort of flat. It may be OK to hold down a bunch of boxes but does nothing for grocery bags. I never use it but I'm sure others may find it handy.
Since you mentioned the glove box I have a random question. Does anyone keep gloves in the glove box, or use driving gloves? Besides myself that is. Since I started, I just don't feel right driving the car without my driving glove on.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Since you mentioned the glove box I have a random question. Does anyone keep gloves in the glove box, or use driving gloves? Besides myself that is. Since I started, I just don't feel right driving the car without my driving glove on.
I used to, only in winter. Then I got an AWD with heated steering wheel

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Agree with the HUD, at first I thought it was a sales gimmick. Now I enjoy it and use it all the time as a matter of safety.
Can anyone enlighten me on what the webbed netting is for? I found it in the glove compartment. It appears to be some type of barrier. It is not wide enough to go across the width of the trunk. Additionally I don't see any hooks in the trunk that would accommodate it.
It's a cargo net. I love mine as it keeps my gym bag from rolling around in my trunk. There are two retracting hooks in the trunk to connect the net to.

WPB

Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It's a cargo net. I love mine as it keeps my gym bag from rolling around in my trunk. There are two retracting hooks in the trunk to connect the net to.
My car, and probably yours, has four hooks for the cargo net. One on the side of the each rear wheel well, and two near the bottom of the rear trunk lip.

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My car, and probably yours, has four hooks for the cargo net. One on the side of the each rear wheel well, and two near the bottom of the rear trunk lip.
Yes! True I forgot about that but I found it works better for me with just two hooks.

idlemind

Texas
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
So I'm thinking of getting a cash car for my daily driver, and parking my 2015 Genesis. I want to trade up in a few years and figured it would be good to limit the miles I have on it. It's at about 67,000 right now.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My friend has a Lexus and his emergency brake goes on&off automatically, which I think is pretty cool. I notice on my new G80, the emergency brake automatically disengages when I start the car and engage a gear. However, I must manually put on the "Park" every time I stop and park. Is there a way to make the emergency brake automatically engage after the car is put in "Park?" If there is, I have not figured it out.

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My friend has a Lexus and his emergency brake goes on&off automatically, which I think is pretty cool. I notice on my new G80, the emergency brake automatically disengages when I start the car and engage a gear. However, I must manually put on the "Park" every time I stop and park. Is there a way to make the emergency brake automatically engage after the car is put in "Park?" If there is, I have not figured it out.
The only way I know of is if the auto hold feature is already engaged, the parking brake automatically comes on when you turn off the car.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Agree with the HUD, at first I thought it was a sales gimmick. Now I enjoy it and use it all the time as a matter of safety.
Can anyone enlighten me on what the webbed netting is for? I found it in the glove compartment. It appears to be some type of barrier. It is not wide enough to go across the width of the trunk. Additionally I don't see any hooks in the trunk that would accommodate it.
If your webbing isn't wide enough to fit across the trunk, I don't know what it could be used for. You should have 4 hooks in the trunk...2 on each side wall near the floor. Mine are chrome in color. You can use all 4 hooks to keep articles on the trunk floor in place or, like me, only use the back hooks to misc. items in the back from sliding forward.

WPB

Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
For what it's worth, i.e. these might not occur very often:
According to my owners manual, page 5-43, if auto hold is on the parking break will be set on automatically if the drivers seat belt is unbuckled and drivers door is opened, if the hood is opened when in drive, the trunk is opened when in reverse, the car doesn't move for 10 minutes, the car is stopped on a steep slope, the car "moved several times".

Don88

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Forgive the mushy start, but I'll get to cars real quick! The other day, just because it seemed right, I stopped and got some roses for Annie. Because the vase of roses and lilies were tall, couldn't close the trunk of of my G80. Attempted to backup and the break didn't release. After a few attempts, was able to backup. Some more of that automatic safety built into the Genies. Good stuff.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.