2019 G90 any owners, yet?

ogogolby

Hasn't posted much yet...
Boston
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Is Genesis working to correct the problem?
Dealership thinks they've done all they can. Took tires and wheels off another 90, 2 alignments, wheel balancing, etc. I just got a claim ticket today. I think it's the Continentals but they won't swap rubber-200 miles. We'll see. This will be a good test for Genesis corporate to prove they are "upscale".

ogogolby

Boston
Tire warranty? If it is not the front end, but the tires, can you argue they do not meet the requirements for a premium luxury fitment?
I may be somewhat biased against Continentals because of poor past relations. It's probably in the front end geometry but will be interesting to see how upbrand Genesis handles it.

Selo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Mine drove really crappy at first..... didn't even bother to fart around with dealership. Takes too long and too much bad vibe. Been down that road before. Ordered Michelin Pilot AS3. 3 days later - Best thousand bucks I've spent on a car.

mistersteve

FL
I pulled off the Continentals on my G90 at about 150 miles after hearing about all the blowouts people were experiencing here. My friend had one on his new G80 sport too.

I replaced them with Michelins as well but because I drive FL to CT and back I put on Michelin run flats. Cost $1400. Have a set of almost new Continentals if anyone is interested ;-)

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I pulled off the Continentals on my G90 at about 150 miles after hearing about all the blowouts people were experiencing here. My friend had one on his new G80 sport too.

I replaced them with Michelins as well but because I drive FL to CT and back I put on Michelin run flats. Cost $1400. Have a set of almost new Continentals if anyone is interested ;-)
How much do you want? I go through tires like crazy. I live 3 miles from work, and have 5 roundabouts each way. With going home for lunch every day, I drive 12.4 miles, with 20 roundabouts.

AVMIII

Registered Member
funny, but there is a 2018 for sale in NJ (only 1 cargurus found NATIONWIDE!!!) and it lists a lemon law as a return for front end issues. Hard to believe only 1 2017/2018 ultimate for sale in the entire US?!
I may give up on this car.

Paulsr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
funny, but there is a 2018 for sale in NJ (only 1 cargurus found NATIONWIDE!!!) and it lists a lemon law as a return for front end issues. Hard to believe only 1 2017/2018 ultimate for sale in the entire US?!
I may give up on this car.
I found one at the dealer I bought from, M J Sullivan in CT. I bought others from Herb Chambers in Auburn MA and he has no 2018 but has three 2019 G80, three G70 and one G90.
Looks like cargurus is not much of a guru.

Duhh, Cargurus found 22 2017/2018 ultimate versions once I actually hit search when I had reset from 50 miles to Nationwide.. Guess it's me who's no guru. the CT dealer's listing is for a new 2018, I'm targeting 2017, and trying to wait until 2019 sometime and used pricing closer to $40k.
Still beating on my 2011 Genesis 4.6 at almost 150k miles.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Dealer near me has 2 new 2018 ultimate's setting on lot right now. Earnhardt Genesis in Scotsdale, az.
Other dealers could have sold more G90's in area but people wanted the ultimate not the 3.3t
Earnhardt also has 2019 G90, G80, and G70's

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.