2019 G90 Does Not have Android Auto or Apple Carplay

onexcite

Hasn't posted much yet...
Pacific NW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
When you press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds it will activate Siri on your iPhone and play through the car stereo.
At least you can interact with Siri when driving.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
When you press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds it will activate Siri on your iPhone and play through the car stereo.
At least you can interact with Siri when driving.
That's what I do. The hard part is getting Siri to do what I say. :)

Seriously, the absence of CarPlay and Android Auto from Genesis' flagship sedan is puzzling, given that it's on the G80 and various Hyundai vehicles.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Maybe they justify it as normally, the G90 is a car to be driven in!

travisrauh

Registered Member
Boston, MA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Per a review on the 2020 G90:

"The Genesis G90 carries over its 12.3-inch touch-screen infotainment display, though it’s been updated with new graphics and faster responses. The system has a split-screen feature, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are new. It’s reasonable to expect existing standard features, like Bluetooth, navigation, and wireless device charging, to carry over."

I know that this thread is about MY2019, but it is at least confirmed to be coming!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I wish they'd let g90 owners replace the radio unit for the android play
What is stopping you? What would you replace it with?

Car designs are finalized usually about 4 years before you see them in the showroom. CarPlay was just released 5 years ago. G90 is a low volume car to begin with and only a portion of the owners would be interested in having CP or AA so there is no incentive to design a retro unit for them.

Iforclose

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
What is stopping you? What would you replace it with?

Car designs are finalized usually about 4 years before you see them in the showroom. CarPlay was just released 5 years ago. G90 is a low volume car to begin with and only a portion of the owners would be interested in having CP or AA so there is no incentive to design a retro unit for them.
Too much is integrated through the radio unit. It's not like the good old days when you could just just swap a head unit without affecting everything else