2019 Genesis Map Update for 2017 G90

csmaslin

Hasn't posted much yet...
CA
I got my car back last week and noticed yesterday that the media player, nolonger worked with the Jukebox, thumb drive or will stream audio through my Samsung S9. I took it to the dealer, who couldn't resolve the issue. I am waiting for the Factory to come up with a fix. This occured after the latest map update that they have released for the Genesis.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

onexcite

Pacific NW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I got mine installed by myself 12.5 and they all work normally. The USB files around 31gb. I can upload to a host site if anyone shows me where and how. No code or special tools required, just plug in and do the update.

vasy

Getting familiar with the group...
VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I got mine installed by myself 12.5 and they all work normally. The USB files around 31gb. I can upload to a host site if anyone shows me where and how. No code or special tools required, just plug in and do the update.
Are you in the US or Canada? I'm not aware self install/map download is available in the US. If you're in Canada, will the map data be the same as the US version? Thanks.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

onexcite

Pacific NW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Mine is 5.0 US version. I got the file from the USB stick at the dealer. When I brought mine in for an update, the dealer accidentally ran the update twice. Instead of waiting for another 90 minutes to finish, I took off with the USB stick and now I have a copy of it. While running the update, the HAVC still working but the screen and radio won't. So you can drive around but there will be no backup camera or maps.

I don't see why the dealer refuses to run an update for yours.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

vasy

Getting familiar with the group...
VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
One more question - what version did you have right before the 12.5? It's possible that the lockup problem some had experienced has to do with what version was on the car before the upgrade.

onexcite

Pacific NW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I'm not sure what version I got before. You can see in the photos before and after the update. Also the USB stick from my dealer.

IMG_5562.JPGIMG_7989.JPGIMG_7990.JPGIMG_7992.JPG

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
The dealer updated mine over a month ago and the version info is identical to the second picture posted by onexcite. No issue so far

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
Puente Hills Hyundai. The service advisor ordered the usb and kept it for couple of months waiting for other maintenance parts to arrive.

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
Dealer said the last G90 he did locked up the head unit and Genesis had to pay for a new one. Genesis said they wouldn’t pay again so they are not doing any more upgrades on the G90. I have written to mapnsoft to see what they say.
Which dealer is that?

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
If update had included features update, might be worth it.
For just the map update, doesn't hurt to wait 2 years, nothing changes that much