• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 new thread...1st Gen custom pics!!

MG8

Proud owner of two Genesis vehicles
San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Not my car but I wonder if here is on here? spotted him today at "Crown Rally" car show in Joliet, IL
It seem he has the wings badge from 2G, wheels from G80 sport and it's lowered, it looked good though.

View attachment 21518
goes well with the g80 sport wheels. imo those should of came stock for our rspec sedans.

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
goes well with the g80 sport wheels. imo those should of came stock for our rspec sedans.
I agree they look great on the r specs.

is that a wrap job?
Yessir! Not vinyl though it's a spray wrap

Spray wrap pro for base and pearl mixture
Autoflex high gloss clear to seal it all in.

Did it myself with a 60gal compressor and hplv gun. I still defintely need to go back and finish deleting the rest of chrome. If you can see the bottom trim already got sprayed black because I was able to remove it from the car

MG8

San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
I agree they look great on the r specs.

Yessir! Not vinyl though it's a spray wrap

Spray wrap pro for base and pearl mixture
Autoflex high gloss clear to seal it all in.

Did it myself with a 60gal compressor and hplv gun. I still defintely need to go back and finish deleting the rest of chrome. If you can see the bottom trim already got sprayed black because I was able to remove it from the car
wow , thats impressive good work!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
I wonder what has to be done with ECU and such to go along with it.
I plan to bid on an entire donor car so I'd probably just re use whatever ecu came with it. I originally had planned to get a btr tuned 5.0ecu/tcu combo but they stopped selling them. I'm pretty sure the transmissions are the same 8speed for the 3.8 and the 5.0 as long as they're the later GDI years would obviously swap out the TCUs as well

MG8

San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
You from the bay area?
yes but live in vegas now.but born st. lukes hospital lived in SF (templeton), SSF (brentwood ) , daly city ( crestwood near olm & off skyline), san bruno( near church of highland) , and millbrae (off crest view)

Last edited:

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
yes but live in vegas now.but born st. lukes hospital lived in SF (templeton), SSF (brentwood ) , daly city ( crestwood near olm & off skyline), san bruno( near church of highland) , and millbrae (off crest view)
Oh damn haha ok yeah I call Santa Rosa home! When I was delivering beer on a truck I had routes in Mill Valley, San Anselmo, san rafael, tiburon basically from santa rosa all the way south until the Golden Gate f$%k delivering in the city no sir.. Well shit if you're ever over this way or vice versa we definitely need to get in a cruise. You just dont see done up genesis sedans over here on the west coast always bone stock and somebody around 70 driving one if you do see one lol so 2 in the same place would be pretty cool I just went to a genesis meet actually 45 bk1/2 i was the only BH or sedan even😂😂people were loving it

MG8

San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
Oh damn haha ok yeah I call Santa Rosa home! When I was delivering beer on a truck I had routes in Mill Valley, San Anselmo, san rafael, tiburon basically from santa rosa all the way south until the Golden Gate f$%k delivering in the city no sir.. Well shit if you're ever over this way or vice versa we definitely need to get in a cruise. You just dont see done up genesis sedans over here on the west coast always bone stock and somebody around 70 driving one if you do see one lol so 2 in the same place would be pretty cool I just went to a genesis meet actually 45 bk1/2 i was the only BH or sedan even😂😂people were loving it
for sure bro im down for that, normally when i drive out there i take my suv. that one of the things i love about our car is how rare it is. its not like a tesla last time i went out to the bay tesla are like civics out there. smh lol

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
for sure bro im down for that, normally when i drive out there i take my suv. that one of the things i love about our car is how rare it is. its not like a tesla last time i went out to the bay tesla are like civics out there. smh lol
Yeah it's pretty funny going outside CA and people being like woah a Tesla! 🙄🙄 only big difference is nobody even knows what our car is when they do see it.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums