• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 new thread...1st Gen custom pics!!

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
goes well with the g80 sport wheels. imo those should of came stock for our rspec sedans.
I agree they look great on the r specs.

is that a wrap job?
Yessir! Not vinyl though it's a spray wrap

Spray wrap pro for base and pearl mixture
Autoflex high gloss clear to seal it all in.

Did it myself with a 60gal compressor and hplv gun. I still defintely need to go back and finish deleting the rest of chrome. If you can see the bottom trim already got sprayed black because I was able to remove it from the car

MG8

Hasn't posted much yet...
I agree they look great on the r specs.

Yessir! Not vinyl though it's a spray wrap

Spray wrap pro for base and pearl mixture
Autoflex high gloss clear to seal it all in.

Did it myself with a 60gal compressor and hplv gun. I still defintely need to go back and finish deleting the rest of chrome. If you can see the bottom trim already got sprayed black because I was able to remove it from the car
wow , thats impressive good work!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
im on the fence if i wanna swap my 3.8 for the 5.0 (doing labor myself) or try and find a g80 sport 3.3 to trade in for
I wonder what has to be done with ECU and such to go along with it.

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I wonder what has to be done with ECU and such to go along with it.
I plan to bid on an entire donor car so I'd probably just re use whatever ecu came with it. I originally had planned to get a btr tuned 5.0ecu/tcu combo but they stopped selling them. I'm pretty sure the transmissions are the same 8speed for the 3.8 and the 5.0 as long as they're the later GDI years would obviously swap out the TCUs as well

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums