2019 new thread...1st Gen custom pics!!

JRAWK39

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Got them Duece Dueces!! :D

I love the look of staggered wheels, but I already spend so much on tires for my Vette, I refuse to stagger them and not be able to rotate etc on the genesis cause it's my daily..

Side note: This is about to go down on my 14..
View attachment 19905
Oh yes gotta love them goodies. Well since I got you here I'm having trouble finding certain things like who is tuning these cars and other performance stuff. On threads I read it starts to give info and then the guys kind of drift off to something else. Any info would be great

RemyBluePearl

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Got them Duece Dueces!! :D

I love the look of staggered wheels, but I already spend so much on tires for my Vette, I refuse to stagger them and not be able to rotate etc on the genesis cause it's my daily..

Side note: This is about to go down on my 14..
View attachment 19905
Have you put this on yet and if so how does it sound? Is this for a cat delete?

DaNooch

Registered Member
Charlotte, NC
Genesis Model Type
Have you put this on yet and if so how does it sound? Is this for a cat delete?
Yea its the secondary cat delete pipes, 3in. All the ones that fit the genesis coupe3.8 fit the gen 1 sedan too. Just make sure you get ones without 02 sensor bungs. The coupe has 02’s behind their secondary’s, we dont.
But dude you have a magnaflow cat back right? Cause if so you don't have secondary cats anymore anyways.

DaNooch

Registered Member
Charlotte, NC
Genesis Model Type
I can't imagine that swapping the rear Brembos would change brake bias enough that you would have to adjust it. Especially considering that the 4.6 calipers are theoretically more powerful than R-Spec Brembos. The coupes use the same master cylinder with or without Brembos for example. The reason I'm interested in at least doing the rears is due to the factory setup being single piston calipers with solid rotors. Higher risk of warpage due to less rotor cooling. I'm undecided on the front brakes but the rotors were warped when I bought the car. Replaced rotors and warped again within 3 months so I don't believe the current setup is adequate for me.
Im not sure if it would require bias’ing or not i was just saying it can happen when swapping brake systems.. I used to own heavily modified 240sx’s back in the 90’s when no one knew about drifting or 240’s.. There was barely suppport for the car, but nissan pretty much makes everything interchangeable. So i swapped the 4 lug hubs and shitty ass brakes for the 5lug hubs and bad ass brakes from a 300zx TT.. This had to have the 300zx master cylinder, and a bias, cause like i said the rears would instantly lock up.
And i understnad your reasoning man dont get me wrong, aesthetically they will look better. But you will loose braking, and spend a lot to do so..
If you get quality rotors that are vented and slotted (no race car uses drilled, they crack and its for show on street cars) like EBC, or DBA etc.. along with a good pad.. the fronts wont warp anymore and braking is heavily increased.

Honestly the stickiness of your tire is going to make the biggest change in braking other than getting new bigger calipers and rotors.

DaNooch

Registered Member
Charlotte, NC
Genesis Model Type
Oh yes gotta love them goodies. Well since I got you here I'm having trouble finding certain things like who is tuning these cars and other performance stuff. On threads I read it starts to give info and then the guys kind of drift off to something else. Any info would be great
Sorry man, what engine do you have and what year genesis? And there really are no tuners for our cars now.. Youd have to get a universal piggyback and have a tuner play with it.
Other than that theres intakes, exhausts, cat deletes, for our cars, have not found out if any coupe headers will fit..

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
Im not sure if it would require bias’ing or not i was just saying it can happen when swapping brake systems.. I used to own heavily modified 240sx’s back in the 90’s when no one knew about drifting or 240’s.. There was barely suppport for the car, but nissan pretty much makes everything interchangeable. So i swapped the 4 lug hubs and shitty ass brakes for the 5lug hubs and bad ass brakes from a 300zx TT.. This had to have the 300zx master cylinder, and a bias, cause like i said the rears would instantly lock up.
And i understnad your reasoning man dont get me wrong, aesthetically they will look better. But you will loose braking, and spend a lot to do so..
If you get quality rotors that are vented and slotted (no race car uses drilled, they crack and its for show on street cars) like EBC, or DBA etc.. along with a good pad.. the fronts wont warp anymore and braking is heavily increased.

Honestly the stickiness of your tire is going to make the biggest change in braking other than getting new bigger calipers and rotors.
Michelin pilot sport 4s <3 no need for snow. Best tires I've ever owned. So much fun on the windy backroads I can always feel the road and never get the feeling I'm gonna slide.

66nexus

Been here awhile...

The oem 4.6 rear rotors are smaller than the Brembo rotors, but not so small as to cause significant (if any) bias with an upgrade. With that said, I'd do Brembo all the way around or not at all. Now that I think of it, from that thread I can't think of anyone who didn't feel braking was improved (but then again, that was for Brembo's all around, I can't speak for just rears only).

Before I put on my Brembo's I upgraded my rotors from stock and even though they were 'better', they weren't great. A good option if you're trying to save $$$, but you're limited in rotor/pad choices. I think even Hyundai knew better that's why they upped the brake sizes for the 12-14's.

DaNooch

Registered Member
Charlotte, NC
Genesis Model Type
The oem 4.6 rear rotors are smaller than the Brembo rotors, but not so small as to cause significant (if any) bias with an upgrade. With that said, I'd do Brembo all the way around or not at all. Now that I think of it, from that thread I can't think of anyone who didn't feel braking was improved (but then again, that was for Brembo's all around, I can't speak for just rears only).

Before I put on my Brembo's I upgraded my rotors from stock and even though they were 'better', they weren't great. A good option if you're trying to save $$$, but you're limited in rotor/pad choices. I think even Hyundai knew better that's why they upped the brake sizes for the 12-14's.
Ohh i didn't know that i had bigger brakes cause i have a 14?

66nexus

Been here awhile...
Yeah the 1st gen-b (12-14) V8 models got upped to 13.6 front rotors, and the 3.8 got the brakes that 1st gen-a (09-11) 4.6's had. 1ga brakes are small but probably sufficient for the car, as long as you don't drive the way I do lol.

EDIT: I'm officially declaring 1st gen model years 09-11 as '1ga', and 12-14 models as '1gb'. It's time if we haven't already!

RemyBluePearl

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
I jus uploaded a cold start video on my instagram and when I started the car the air pushed my phone sideways and was able to catch me airing up lol. Check it out give me a follow and I’ll follow back remy_bluepearl

JRAWK39

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Sorry man, what engine do you have and what year genesis? And there really are no tuners for our cars now.. Youd have to get a universal piggyback and have a tuner play with it.
Other than that theres intakes, exhausts, cat deletes, for our cars, have not found out if any coupe headers will fit..
I have a 2011 with the 4.6. I thought BYE was but I can't find anything

DaNooch

Registered Member
Charlotte, NC
Genesis Model Type
Hey i found legit headers downpipes and cat deletes for us 3.8 guys, i made a thread in the performance parts section but here's a pic and they are $725. These guys also make catbacks that are like $400!! This is a huge power gain, but youll be illegal as F if you have emissions, and this will throw CEL’s like crazy, and you will need a tune. But its legit!!

JRAWK39

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
They stopped making them apparently. There are parts out there for your car, the V8’s have less though..
Is there any way you could shoot me some links like I said I'm new to the Genesis and am trying to learn

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
Mine are also probably smaller than yours too cause i have a 3.8
Hey i found legit headers downpipes and cat deletes for us 3.8 guys, i made a thread in the performance parts section but here's a pic and they are $725. These guys also make catbacks that are like $400!! This is a huge power gain, but youll be illegal as F if you have emissions, and this will throw CEL’s like crazy, and you will need a tune. But its legit!!

View attachment 20040
Well f$%k me fofor living in California haha also I doubt we find someone who can tune our cars anytime soon