• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 vs. 2020 g70 in U.S.

8raiders8

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does anyone know why (for example) Canada seems to be getting 2020 g70's several months before U.S. buyers will probably be able to get 2020 models? It doesn't seem to make much sense that Genesis would have different model year changeover dates in different countries.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I haven't heard a reason why from anybody at Hyundai or Genesis, it's just a guess. But, maybe because since they got such a late start on selling the G70, they still have an abundance of them at the port and they are trying to sell off the existing inventory. We are still getting new ones in off the truck that were built in Oct.

8raiders8

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I haven't heard a reason why from anybody at Hyundai or Genesis, it's just a guess. But, maybe because since they got such a late start on selling the G70, they still have an abundance of them at the port and they are trying to sell off the existing inventory. We are still getting new ones in off the truck that were built in Oct.
Thanks very much for your kind reply. 8raiders8

Pepper

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine has a build date of Dec.14, 2018

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What's happening with Genesis between Canada and the US does not seem to be typical in the car industry. For most car models that are sold in both countries it's more typical for them to be released around the same time or very close in both countries. This makes sense as most cars are usually built in the same factory that services both Canada and US markets and when the factory retools for a new model year they would all start to arrive around the same time.

I predict that at some point the US market will have a short model year for the G70, possibly for the 2020 model year, so all cars shipping from Korea to North America will be aligned.
Or they simply skip a year

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Canada got 2019 G70s in April 2018 and we pretty much sold out of all our 2019s so we got 2020s early. 2019 production finished early this year and the US still has 2019s to sell. We also have a different business model up here (direct selling) whereas the US had some dealership-network issues to sort out, hence the delays.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Canada got 2019 G70s in April 2018 and we pretty much sold out of all our 2019s so we got 2020s early. 2019 production finished early this year and the US still has 2019s to sell. We also have a different business model up here (direct selling) whereas the US had some dealership-network issues to sort out, hence the delays.
Agreed, but it’s odd to start a next model year so early in the present model year time frame? US auto companies will typically re-tool their line in summer time and next models start coming out in September. Foreign auto companies generally run a month or two later than US for releases. When we have our state fair, only a handful of foreign auto companies are there for most do not have their new model line out just yet. I’m 20 minutes from a GM SUV plant and when they shut down to re-tool the line it normally makes the newspaper for the plant temporarily closes for a short time. I’m wondering since the 2019 to 2020 G70 had so few changes, there really was no re-tooling needed from an assembly standpoint and Genesis could simply change the tires/wheels and add the trunk closer and call it a 2020 model. More of a mid-year refresh really.

apothnyc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Boo....guess I misheard that.

Antimatter

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I saw a picture of a G70 with dark brown leather interior, anyone know if there is any chance of this coming stateside?

Hellothere

Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I thought the 2020s were gonna get the cool digital dash....is that not happening?
That's in the Korean Market. According to the Genesis Experience Manager (GEM), Canada opted out of going full digital. From the sounds of it, Genesis values and listens to their GEMs on what to add.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums