2020 AWD All Season Tires

jkwrangle

Genesis G70
Does anybody know which all season tires come standard on the 2020 3.3 AWDs and if they're still staggered 225/255?
I took a nice deal on one of the 2019 3.3T red's but my only issue is it came with the Michelin Pilot Sports which are great now but won't help me much in the Northeast in a few months.
Wondering if I should swap them out for the same all seasons on the 2020 and roll with them year round or work on finding some dedicated winters which has its own set of hurdles for me. Thanks!

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I think they're Michelin Pilot Sport 3's. I had them on a loaner car once and they seemed to handle well but were a bit loud. I only had the loaner a couple of days though so you should take it with a grain of salt. You might also consider Continental DWS06.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

jkwrangle

Genesis G70
Thanks, seth - I think you're probably right.
My current situation will most likely steer me towards swapping to an all season and the both you mentioned seem to be the most popular among the audi and bmw guys from what I can tell. I'm not sure either is a bad choice.

Take a look at Nokian WRG-3. They have a real snow rating, yet can be used year round. They were designed for North America. I put them on my Sonata and my AWD Genesis.
Thanks edp I'll check em out and see what they're about

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis G70
Michellin Primacy Tour A/S, rears are 255/35R19, fronts are 225/40R19. I personally haven't had great experiences with DSW06s and won't spend any more money on them.

Last edited:

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Michellin Primacy Tour A/S, rears are 255/35R19, fronts are 225/40R19. I personally haven't had great experiences with DSW06s and won't spend any more money on them.
What issues have you had with the DWS06? I ran those for about a decade on my Maxima, and found they were a great tire all around, even providing decent traction in winter conditions before I finally started running a dedicated winter setup.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis G70
What issues have you had with the DWS06? I ran those for about a decade on my Maxima, and found they were a great tire all around, even providing decent traction in winter conditions before I finally started running a dedicated winter setup.
Tread separation, in multiple vehicles. Rapidly deteriorating performance from when they're new vs when they've got a few miles on them. When you first put on DWS06, they're amazing. Quiet, great wet traction, resistance to hydro-planing. Get 10 or 15,000 miles on them and they become super noisy and lose grip. Maybe it's just a function of driving on roads that have a high pavement temperature, as I've never owned a set outside of Texas.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Tread separation, in multiple vehicles. Rapidly deteriorating performance from when they're new vs when they've got a few miles on them. When you first put on DWS06, they're amazing. Quiet, great wet traction, resistance to hydro-planing. Get 10 or 15,000 miles on them and they become super noisy and lose grip. Maybe it's just a function of driving on roads that have a high pavement temperature, as I've never owned a set outside of Texas.
For me after I notice the snow/ice traction diminishes significantly over time as that part of the compound wears down. I live in Alberta Canada so the conditions the tires faced are incredibly different compared to what you would have seen, they only would have seen hot weather conditions for 3 or 4 months a year, with a good 5 months of cold weather mixed in as well.

CannonballRun

Registered Member
DC area
Genesis G70
The DWS06 is a great tire for all-season. It has excellent wet and dry traction, it's very quiet, and has reasonable snow performance (for an all-season tire). The DWS06 sidewall is better than the first DWS but it's still on the squishy side, especially compared to a summer tire. If you're looking for a rival (in my opinion, superior) to the DWS06 with a little better handling, I suggest the AS3+ from Michelin. I have had the DWS06 and AS3+ and there is a difference, especially in cornering.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums